Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: (Fanart) Secrets of the VF-14M 7PLUS finally revealed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Despite years of watching, the Valkyrie spotter community has only ever caught glimpses of this rare bird, in the form of fuzzy fighter and battroid shots, and a few seconds of disputed video footage. But now, the M7 PLUS variant of the VF-14 stands clearly revealed for all!

[Image: vf14m7plusmodefdialnfor.th.png] [Image: vf14m7plusmodegdialnfor.th.png] [Image: vf14m7gerwalkdnn.th.png] [Image: vf14m7plusmodebdialnfor.th.png]

Add a dorsal fin, and it matches the one shown in Macross Plus Movie Edition as well:
[Image: mplusmovievf14duskyshar.png] [Image: vf14m7plusduskysharkdia.th.png]

Hey, BA, whaddaya say? VF-14, here to stay? You know you want B.A.T. to build these around 2030 instead of the VF-11 that beat it into general procurement in Macross canon...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Ooo... a blackbird as a VF.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
It's supposedly what all the Varauta designs from Macross 7 are based on, but the prequel omake "Spiritia Dreaming" is the only place it got animated for sure - Kawamori's official position on the plane in M+ME is that it's 'unidentified' - and aside from two rough sketches in B-Club 126(?) that you'll find online, often as the VA-14, and two battroid back sketches that fade out below the knee in Macross Design Works, which no one seems to have recognised until I pointed it out, that was it, all official
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
sources like the art books and Macross Chronicle provide is the skinnier and gribblier final/official version created for the Macross M3 Dreamcast videogame. Which just boggles the mind, because that thing is just ugly while this is sleek and beautiful... Kawamori has even said he's always loved the blackbird and it's the inspiration for the Lightning III and all Varauta triple-hull Valkyries (supposedly derived from this, though RL design order is the reverse.)
--

WengFook

My honest opinion? It looks fantastic but I can't seem to get past the nipple guns on the chest in battroid mode... Tongue
Heh, you think those are bad? Try the flamethrowers on the FZ-109 Kai (which I also created line art for in the past few days, since it had previously only been seen as a battroid image in Macross Design Works):

Official Battroid:
[Image: fz109kaibattroidcolor.th.png]
Fighter in same colors:
[Image: fz109kaijetcolor.th.png]
Gerwalk (line art only):
[Image: fz109kaigerwalkbw.th.png]

More saturated/Milia colors (She and Max fly everything it seems):
[Image: fz109kaijetdarkcolor.th.png]
Max Colors:
[Image: fz109kaijetmaxcolor.th.png]

It's a Sound Energy System mecha, meaning the flamethrowers are merely there to provide pyrotechnics while you remove the enemy's will to fight with the power of your rock and/or literally smash their mecha apart without harming the pilots and block starship mega-lasers with it, projected via the magical vacuum-ignoring speakers on the shoulders and "bat ears."
--
Oh yes. I was very well aware VF-14 Blackbird version. It's the one I prefer to think of whenever I envision the -14. Mayonaka gets the first one off BAT's line when she wrecks her original ship-body saving her father's life (three words: Burnout Mode Engaged). And then Dartz and I had the crazy idea of giving one to Mel after she's shot down by pirates while on a mission of mercy... so after they recovered her core, Ben goes and gives Mel VF-14 body as well.

I think the story can be adapted pretty easily to CitD. The IS pirates have no idea just what one of the Graces represent to the Fen, and have no idea the sort of prejudice they'll incur. *Evil Grin*
Quote:I think the story can be adapted pretty easily to CitD. The IS pirates have no idea just what one of the Graces represent to the Fen, and have no idea the sort of prejudice they'll incur. *Evil Grin*

I would rethink that, were I you. I am not happy with you right now.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
... Okay... leaving aside any Fen/Candle drama that may be going on, here's a battroid rear view that doesn't have the wings upside down, and a quickie colored version until Mr. March of the Macross World forums and Macross Mecha Manual does his magic. And there's super armor in the works, but I need to get more pens before I can finish.

[Image: vf14m7plusmodeb2.th.png] [Image: vf14vampirelogodialnfor.th.png]
--
BA, email me.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Nvrmnd - finally saw I had PMs...