Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Quick question about posting policy here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

murmur

Are we allowed to post our own fanfic here, rather than just providing a link to our fics?

-Murmur
There's no official rule against it that I recall - but I'd advise you to be rather cautious about doing so. Don't post it in the new fic thread - and don't even consider a self written glowing review. The best approach is to post a link and ask for advice and criticism in improving it. And take the advice seriously.
Others have posted here before. Just make your own thread.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
As I recall, previous answers have been of the "the more the merrier, it's what OPF is for." Just make sure to tag anything nsfw in the subject line.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
And if you really need to get your stuff in the new fic thread, write good stuff, and get somebody else here to read it.  I know drakensis gets recced quite a bit. ^^

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Sorry to take so long to provide an official ruling, but we went to WV this weekend and the hotel's Net access was having problems.

Drogn's recollection is correct. You are welcome to post your fics here, in their own thread(s).
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

murmur

Just moments after I posted my fic.  It's in the thread marked "Untitled Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfic"

Thank you very much for the response.
You're quite welcome.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.