Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: What Would A Fic With This Title Be About?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I Was a Teenage Warehouse - Warehouse 13 Age-Regression fanfic
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Minimum Rage - spacebattles journal SI as a Dalek. 'Nuff said.

Roses are Red, Violence is Blue - The most unlikely DCU Lantern romance ever. What will be the result, when Rage and Hope are joined? (Later, becomes a threesome with a Star Sapphire)
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
ClassicDrogn Wrote:Roses are Red, Violence is Blue - The most unlikely DCU Lantern romance ever. What will be the result, when Rage and Hope are joined? (Later, becomes a threesome with a Star Sapphire)
Is it set in a box canyon in the middle of nowhere?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Bluemage Wrote:
ClassicDrogn Wrote:Roses are Red, Violence is Blue - The most unlikely DCU Lantern romance ever. What will be the result, when Rage and Hope are joined? (Later, becomes a threesome with a Star Sapphire)
Is it set in a box canyon in the middle of nowhere?
Possibly, but it'd likely be shot at Vasquez Rocks.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
"Shot at Vasquez Rocks"

That's a good one right there

That's a good one right there
UF/ Aliens "Lemon".  What happens when you leave a certain WDF Marine....  Unsatisfied
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Sugar and Spice and Everything Mice
This one is clearly a gender-flipped Pinkie and The Brain. Beware, they may be sugar and spice, but they are anything but nice.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Could be a Power Puff Girls/Biker Mice from Mars crossover. I'd kind of like to see that, actually.

* Eldar Now, and Wiser
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
To answer one of my own:

Principia Homicidii: Professor Moriarty spins out a assassination plan that's designed to fail and hand the would be killers to Sherlock Holmes while making it look like the killers were incompetent in following through on his plan. The psychology of these would-be murderers figures heavily in said clever double-cross.

Thanks,

Luc "Yes, 'Principles of Murderers' was the intended translation" French
Normative Vacuum - Xander in the Star Trek universe, as an ensign assigned to security.

Vampire Watermelons - Hellsing / Bucaroo Banzai crossover. Slash, lemon, bad grammer and unexplained in jokes.

Theories of International Relations and Superheroes - Justice League alter-verse done in the style of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Extremely well written but eventually peters out in the middle of ripping apart the plot of the fiftieth comic.

Hammercraft - Skuld is accidentally transported to the WH40K universe while destroying bugs, and ends up in charge of an Ork WAAAGH. Hilarity ensues.

Non-Indicative Title - One shot Harry Potter meta-story pointing out all the ways in which Harry Potter is NOT a hero. Very passive aggressive with numerous grammar errors but no spelling mistakes at all.

Jumping Jack Flash - Naruto learns the Hiraishin instead of the Shadow Clone. Well written but mostly a repeat of cannon.

Rainbow Dash Goes Totally Crazy And Just Wales On Everybody - MLP:FiM one shot, exactly what it says on the tin. Crossover with Street Fighter / some other fighting game is hinted at but never outright stated.

Exactly What It Says On The Tin - TVTropes / Everything Else megacrossover, in which TVTropes suddenly becomes available/accessible in one form or another to all of the fictional shows/books/universes that it references, spoilers and all. Done in the style of a series of message posts/comments by the characters in those universes. Amusing if you know the source material, extremely boring if you don't, otherwise quite well written and well thought out. Title is somewhat misleading as NOTHING is what it seems at first glance.

And That's All I've Got For Now - Subverted Peggy Sue in which Willow wishes that Jesse had lived instead of Xander. Jesse comes back remembering he was turned into a vamp and then killed by his best friend, so turns the tables on Xander. Xander immediately becomes a Master Vamp, and using the amazing powers of Common Sense and The Internet, completely derails cannon - killing the slayer, sealing The Master into his little cave thing, and proceeding to avert all of the other impending Apocalypses because he doesn't want to be relegated to the bottom of the food chain in Sunnyhell.
"Not this again!" Minerva said. "Albus, it was You-Know-Who, not you, who marked Harry as his equal. There is no possible way that the prophecy could be talking about you!" - Harry Potter and the Method of Rationality, Chapter 84
Lubaf Wrote:To answer one of my own:

Principia Homicidii: Professor Moriarty spins out a assassination plan that's designed to fail and hand the would be killers to Sherlock Holmes while making it look like the killers were incompetent in following through on his plan. The psychology of these would-be murderers figures heavily in said clever double-cross.

Thanks,

Luc "Yes, 'Principles of Murderers' was the intended translation" French
My version of this was a 40k-verse Buddy Cop drama, but, well, that works too. Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Have some more titles:
  • Night Danger
  • Head over Heels in Hate
  • On Top of the World and Still Going Up
  • Holy Wood and Vines
  • Reality and Other Daydreams
  • Discordian Cows Say Mu
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Theatre of the Paranoid:While testing a Time-Tunnel-like device, Nanoha ends up in Alpha Complex. Hilarity ensues.
Discordian Cows say Mu

The 'survivors' of the Great Cow Race find and ancient city of mystics hidden below the ocean... and plot their revenge on the eternals who 'uplifted' them.

NO QUARTER!!!

jqavins

I've got two titles for mysteries, but no stories to go with them.   - Death and Texas
   - Crooks and Nannies

Any takers? Be my guest.
 -- Joe
                 Hate is the only enemy
Quote:I've got two titles for mysteries, but no stories to go with them.   - Death and Texas
   - Crooks and Nannies

Any takers? Be my guest.

Just for information, Richard Condon (the guy who gave us The Manchurian Candidate), wrote a humorous crime story titled Every Little Crook and Nanny.  A Mafia boss's child had been kidnapped, and the kid's nanny was calling in favors from various shady connections to try to get him back before his parents got home from an overseas trip.  And then, finally, the kidnappers thought to ask the little boy just who his father was.  Massive "oh, crap" moment on their part.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
One more, just because I'm curious:

Master of the Flying Electric Chair

Thanks

Luc "Master of the Flying Gallows" French
And another:

A Brief Moment of Inertia
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
It's fairly obvious what it would be about, but I think it would be interesting anyway-

Your Teenage Super-Hero, a Parent's Guide

So, what would the chapter titles be?
--
Transformation and Nekkid Flashes...

NO QUARTER!!!
How to Detect & Avoid Disguised Arch-Enemies

Supervillains and You - When You've Been Captured as a Hostage (this could be a companion book on its own)

Super-Strength-Proof Your Home on a Budget

Sleepflying, Telempathic Mood Swings, & Emotion-Based Energy Projection, Common Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
--
When The Dog Tries To Tell You Something -- Dealing With Your Teen's Super-Pet
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Best topic drift ever.
The (first of the) inevitable Derek Bacon book(s): So You've Had An Origin: Dealing With Unexpected Superpowers
Chapter P: Teammates and Teamwork

Chapter Q: Teammates: Romance, Rivalry, and Repression
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
"Would You Like Some Cookies?" -- Dealing With Your Teen's Nemesis
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8