Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: What Would A Fic With This Title Be About?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Speaking as the thread originator: I don't mind the drift, so long as I can still ask what any of these would be:
  • Unlimited Moe Works
  • Moe Money, Moe Problems
  • Moe Curley and Larry
  • Moe Monet
  • Super Moe Brothers
  • Moe Missile Massacre
  • Moe Mau Uprising
  • Moe Moe Moe (How Do You Like It?)
  • Five Guys Who Are Moe [Now I'm getting obscure]
  • Superman and the Moe Men
  • Moe Songs About Buildings and Food

And to contribute to the topic at hand:
Pretty Pink Princesses -- Dealing With A Superpowered Daughter Still In The "Cute" Phase
Thanks
Luc "Moe Information Than You Require" French
* Moe Money, Moe Problems - I believe this is known as "Kodama no Omocha" and/or "Ultimate Girls..."
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Lubaf Wrote:Unlimited Moe Works
That's for when you get a Stooge as a Servant.

(Unless you meant "Unlimited Moé Works," in which case I'm stumped...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
That's when you get Asahina Mikuru as a Servant, of course.

ETA - She has E rank luck, but Classified Information is EX rank!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
(blows dust off thread)

Another title for everyone:
Herding Hepcats
--
Rob Kelk

That's the story of an aspiring coffee shop owner, trying to arrange a jazz and beat poetry concert to celebrate the grand opening. How about this one: "Until the Day You Live"
--

Sirrocco

That's actually a kind of sweet and poignant one about the love and tenderness and transience among souls awaiting reincarnation.

how about "Master of the Lunar Verse"
Quote:Sirrocco wrote:
how about "Master of the Lunar Verse"
Isn't that about a bard who specializes in poetry about the Moon?

What about The Triphammer Journals?
--

Sirrocco

Gritty steampunk noirish thing about life down in the Great Factories of (insert city here). The protagonist is likely a detective doing jobs for working class blokes.

"Fire freeze me, Water burn me, Midnight send me home"
Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:
Right, and he discovers an epic composed by Apollo that casts various spells when you recite certain passages.
If it's the "Lunar Verse," shouldn't that be Artemis? Admittedly, Apollo was better known for poetry, but still.
I'm sure Artemis would be offended if anyone thought that just because she liked a bit of outdoors she couldn't do poetry herself, but Apollo was the leader of the Muses, her twin brother, and known for magic not related to animals and pursuing them as well - I figured he was a more likely source for spell-woven epic verse on her behalf. Then again, with how siblings in general and especially the dodekatheon tend to get along, maybe not...

How 'bout Begonia, Pansy, Amaryllis, Sickle, You?
--
ClassicDrogn Wrote:How 'bout Begonia, Pansy, Amaryllis, Sickle, You?
The easy answer here is that it's a fanfic set in the Sakura Wars universe, about a new Flower Division troop/troupe... but that doesn't seem satisfying for some reason.
--
Rob Kelk

Well, here's some help: In order, those flowers mean caution, remembrance, triumph in adversity. Dunno if sickles traditionally mean anything, nor did I look up the meansing of the flowers until afterward, but the fact that they assemble into a vaguely comprehensible message, if rather different than the one the string of words sounds vaguely like when you say them out loud, is another angle to tackle it from.

If yous is wantsing a less tricksy challengation, be tryings this: Pickings of the Peck of Pickled Peppers
--

Sirrocco

The Five Little Peppers, all grown up (And how they grew!) have a night on the town where they get completely blitzed and try to hit on various characters from other fic-verses who happen to be in the general area (kissing involved).

"Dance me free and brave and clean."
Sirrocco Wrote:"Dance me free and brave and clean."
I'm honestly not sure if that was meant to be a new title, or just a .sig quote (it has the look of song lyrics, especially combined with your last one,) but I'll give it a shot anyway: The heartwarming story of a refugee from one of those endless third-world brushfire border wars, as she overcomes social conditioning and psychological trauma to become an award winning Broadway performer.

Next! Option of three:

Powers of Ten
The Last Duezie
Findings in Silver and Gold

--

Hazard

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:I'm honestly not sure if that was meant to be a new title, or just a .sig quote (it has the look of song lyrics, especially combined with your last one,) but I'll give it a shot anyway: The heartwarming story of a refugee from one of those endless third-world brushfire border wars, as she overcomes social conditioning and psychological trauma to become an award winning Broadway performer.

Next! Option of three:
Powers of Ten
The Last Duezie
Findings in Silver and Gold
That's a trilogy about the fortunes of a Venetian merchant house. Powers of Ten is the first book and describes how they offer a tenacious but futile defense against the machinations of the Coundil of Ten, The Last Duezie ends with the aforementioned child being taken to New World to escape the ones that murdered everyone else in the family and Findings in Silver and Gold has the Duezie's regaining their power and prestige but this time in the Spanish Court through exploitation of their New World mines.
So, what's Godendag?
That's the spin-off book, about the dispossessed Dutch noble's son who founded the Huurling Gezelschap van de Godandag (Mercenary Company of the Godendag) who were hired by either side at various points in the third book. Well, I think... all I'm really sure about is

It Involves a Monkey
--
ClassicDrogn Wrote:It Involves a Monkey
When both Speed and Spritle are knocked out cold, only Chim-Chim can drive the Mach 5 across the finish line!

Now, what's in With Fiends Like These...
--
Rob Kelk

Hm, gonna extend it just a bit - With Fiends Like These, Who Needs Boyfriends? A hentacle invasion is met with a surprisingly warm reception, now the male protagonist and his chums have to step up their game or remain forever dateless.

A Hot Rocket & Thirty (unit)s of Stardust

Unjustly Enprismed

--
"Unjustly Enprismed" would probably be about post-series Jadeite escaping. Not sure what else it would be about, but that'd be the obvious starting point for that title.

Just by way of noting: I still haven't got an answer to what "Master of the Flying Electric Chair" would be the title of.

And one further one: "Kitten Chow Main".

Thanks
Luc "Weird" French
Master of the Flying Electric Chair is the story of the youngest son of a luchador family, and his quest to earn the right to their most famous mask by learning the signature move its wearer is famous for. Kitten Chow Mein ... well, it was a darkfic, and uncrossed Ranma, so I didn't bother to read it.

Fond Regards from Antarctica sounds interesting, though.
--

Sirrocco

Fond Regards from Antarctica: Pretty much Exactly What It Says On The Tin - a series of letters written by a (fictional) soldier posted to the McMurdo security detail over winter, sent to his wife and kids back home.

A Hot Rocket and Thirty Pounds of Stardust: A whirlwind ride that begins when the protagonist steals the latter ("Stardust" in this case being a particular variety of highly sought-after drug that can't be grown on inhabitable planets) out from under the noses of the local mafia-equivalent, and makes good their escape by jacking the former as well. The protagonist starts out just trying to cash in the dust without running afoul of the mafia-types (tricky, since they're the ones that do most of the business in it), but inevitably expands to include personal vendettas, secret societies, and skulduggery of all types, as the protagonist and whatever random followers they pick up jump out of a variety of frying pans into a multitude of fires.

Another few prompts:
The Night The Guard Was Sleeping
Hands of the Butcher
Winterblight
I'll play, been awhile since I did a free association challenge. There seems to be a lot of these, so I'm doing only the ones from page one of the thread:

Normative Vacuum -- a touching mass effect love story crossover where keitaro is shepard and naru is cast as jack.

Vampire Watermelons -- ZnT fandom, Louise summons a vampire familiar from the world of whitewolf who is obsessed with large boobs. Kirche is the first to turn, followed by Siesta. Through a magical mishap, suddenly the vampires must drink watermoln juice instead of blood.

Theories of International Relations and Superheroes -- young justice X teen titans, robin vs. robin interdimensional prank war

Hammercraft -- Akane Tendo (R.5), Thor (avengers), Skuld (AMG), and (Bludgeoning Angel) Dokuro-chan play a round of golf and discuss relationship problems.

Non-Indicative Title -- its about Naruto learning genjutsu under pa frog's clever tutelage.

Jumping Jack Flash -- Applejack becomes a unicorn from a miscast spell and can't control her teleportation ability.

Rainbow Dash Goes Totally Crazy And Just Wales On Everybody -- crackfic, rainbow dash kills everything

Exactly What It Says On The Tin -- Genma finds a tin with the labeling 'unicorn meat' and eats it

And That's All I've Got For Now -- one of those large 'story things' where the author puts all their random ideas

Acquisiton and Murder -- Shampoo kills Ranma, and must take his place as new Saotome heir

It Used To Be So Natural -- for an inexplicable reason, all of the sailor senshi lose all body hair and must wear wigs, a 'for want of a nail' fic.

Pain is the Passaic of the Soul -- Pain adopts Naruto in amekagure

Sealed With a Quiche -- Harry Potter's accidental magic manifests early, when he ruins a quiche, making him a master chef who is in much better (and fatter) Dursely situation... translates over to potions... 'What inside me is the ingredient that kills Dark Lords!'

Premonitions of a Civil War -- Lelouch gets to Japan earlier and has a much better power base when he gets the geass

Soft Construction in Baked Beans -- skyrim fic, author insertion involving a mangled dragon language translation which means "soft construction in baked beans" which somehow transmutes monsters into pork & beans

Dionysius and the 'Shrooms -- Kodachi has a drug trip and ends up on the far side of sane... she proceeds to change everything (R.5)

The $400 Bloodbath -- one shot, short, Vash the Stampede's bounty is claimed early, when Melly buys a new $400 gun pre-encounter

At Last Came the Clams -- lemon, beach party, school days universe

Sugar and Spice and Everything Mice -- Cinderella meets the powerpuff girls, who have somehow been cursed into becoming her helper mice

The Complete Guide to Field-Cleaning Your Badger -- Harry falls for Susan Bones, a hufflepuff

I'm Getting My Act Together And Taking It Out On You -- Glass Mask universe, Maya Kitajima and Ayumi Himekawa are actually supernatural creatures masquerading as humans. Specifically, an Aquatic Oni and a five-tailed fox.

The Eunuchorn -- Ryoga falling into the spring of the drowned unicorn. He gets gelded and his parts used for a secret Chinese medical treatment for athlete's foot. Now he *really* has something to blame Ranma for.

Shards of Rat -- Peter Pettigrew really was innocent, and Sirius Black really did betray the Potters

We Who Serve God's Will in Hell -- Bleach, movie continuity (4th film). Ichigo was unable to rescue his sister Karin from hell, and years later, she returns to save Soul Society when all appears lost.

Starhammer -- Twillight Sparkle is thrust into the warhammer 40k universe in the form of a zerg queen.

Uncivilized -- Harry Potter is raised by house elves, and has peculiar ideas about manners.

Principia Homicidii -- Lust from fullmetal alchemist is thrust into another universe, where she is forced to be a hero.

Familiar of Aleph Null -- familiar of zero crossover, Louise summons Lain (serial experiment lain).

History of the Decline and the Fall of the Equestrian Empire -- romance of the three kingdoms rewritten as if all characters were ponies

Oldblood -- tenten's hidden bloodline makes into some sort of vampire goddess (Naruto)

Why Can't We Be Enemies? -- Orochimaru fell in love with Tsuande, and Jiraya is the one who betrayed the village... a vastly different Narutoverse. Also, Sakura is in love with Naruto, who actually hates her.

Hazard

Quote:Sirrocco wrote:
The Night The Guard Was Sleeping
I know this one. It's a comedic story following all the shenanigans that go on in a single night in Canterlot Palace, all of which must pass through a door ostensibly guarded by the titular guardspony. It's just unbelievable how all these plots and pranks interact, one of the best pieces of FiM fanfiction I've ever seen. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8