Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Not your average fic search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was sure the story I'm thinking of was by Jules Verne, but couldn't find it in a list of his works... Anyway, it's about a chemical that is discovered to make tihngs grow to enourmous size, children dosed with it are twice as tall as a normal man before they can even properly walk, and hills of giant ants become a problem at one point. The kids are also super-intelligent, due to having much larger brains, and make all sorts of scientific advancements as the story progresses. I thought to read it via Gutenberg Project or something similar, becasue a Mass Effect crossover would have some serious potential, but now I can't find what it was. I know what the binding of the book I read it in looked like, I know which shelf it was on three moves ago, and I know it was in the house that burned down, but that's all I know, blast it.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Actually, this sounds like Food of the Gods by H.G. Wells. Or that least that's the closest match I can think of by one of Verne's contemporaries. I haven't actually read it, so I'm not 100% certain.
The thing to remember is that Verne tried to keep his stuff within the bounds of known science, and criticized Wells for his much wilder speculations.
Yes! That's the one!

Your virtual hot-blond(e)-to-deliver-a-kiss is in the mail.

ETA: Link!
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11696
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Make that a blond (no "e"). Glad I could help.