Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Argh! Where Was It?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's "help me find that fic again" time, people.  This one got a reference here just a few months ago but for the life of me I can't find it now.  Synopsis:  Agatha Heterodyne gets thrown into the Stargate universe via lab accident, before she discovers she's a Spark.  It was being posted on SpaceBattles.
Can anyone point me at it again?  Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Hazard

Right here Bob.
Also, there is such a thing as a search function on SB.First try:http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ ... us.159063/Second try: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ ... sg.164834/
Might that be Sparkgate?

I must have bungled something when I looked. Thank you.
-- Bob
---------
I got one that has been stumping me. I'm sure I have it -somewhere- but I can't find it. I could be smashing several fics together.

Harry Potter fanfiction where he ends up soul bound to Gabrielle Delacour.

From memory there was a trace of super!Harry in it. Gabrielle heals Harry's eyes thanks to the bond, taking the pain herself.

There is a costume ball where Harry goes as Merlin and Harry's friends scramble to hide his presence.

There is Dumbledore bashing, and Mrs Delacour is said to be normal witch. There is shopping, political maneuvers, and stuff by the swimming pool.

Anyone know the fic I'm trying to find?
http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/Hope/1__Beauxbatons/
You might be ficmixing, but this is the one with the costume ball.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
That's the one. Thanks! I was looking for it in all the wrong places.
A story that was recomended here a while back: Set at the beginning of The Hobbit, but Bilbo actually has a few years of adventuring experience and possibly has been taking lessons from Tom Bombadil. The Shire has been reimagined along the lines of a village of D&D halflings, i.e. they look like harmless simple country folk on the surface but turn out to have a bunch of steath-and-trickery badasses among them if you make trouble. Gandalf and the Dwarves are caught completely flatfooted by all this.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Oh man, you mean the one where Bilbo was practically raised by Tom? I've seen it, but stopped reading because it was just getting to be too much.
It was sort of turning into Thorin Oakenshield in the Land of the Mary Sues, wasn't it? Basically the entire Shire took about five levels in Badass, collectively and individually.

And after half an hour of searching, I can't find the damn recommendation anywhere in the forums. Grrr.
-- Bob
---------
Master of Wood, Water, and Hill
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- Albert Einstein
There was "Back Again" , but it is Peggy Sue, not Mary Sue.
Master of Wood, Water, and Hill is a bit silly and OTT, but I like it so far anyway. I think that the real test will come when they leave Adventurer Bilbo's home ground - if everything continues to go his way and he's good friends with everyone still, that might be more of a problem, but as it is he's pretty much just a middling-high level Bard enjoying the benefits of being a local notable. It wouldn't even be beyond the pale for him to have contacts throughout the non-Sauron-aligned regions, for that matter.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:RMH999 wrote:
Master of Wood, Water, and Hill
Thank you. 
It is over the top but it's over the top in a serious-yet-crackish style that I enjoy when it is executed with competence.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Lost track of a one-shot story that I thought I'd been linked to from here. It's a fairly short one-shot with Batman and a shell shocked Pinkie Pie who depending on how one looks at it either didn't handle meeting the Joker well or dealt with it in a properly final manner (she just couldn't accept the way he was tainting laughter). Rather a clash of setting tones, but I thought it was done well.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
That sounds interesting - I hope somjeone knows where to find it
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Oh, I remember that -- vaguely -- so it must have been mentioned here.
-- Bob
---------
Wasn't a fic per se - it was in one of the My Little Pony plotpoint threads. It's in Skyefire's post about 2/3rds of the way down.

Pinkie Pie/Batman

(initially wrote that as Pinkie & the Bat which leads to a completely different crossover idea...)
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- Albert Einstein
Aha! That's it, thank you I've been driving myself crazy trying to track it down since I was sure it was on fimfiction.net
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.