Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Plotbunny (or bunny caught in something's teeth), free to a good home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Werewolves are environmentalists.

This is because free-range humans taste better than city-raised ones...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Didn't White Wolf already make a crappy rpg of this?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
The origin of their whole Steaming Load of Darkness line, I believe. At least, they're not called Bloody Bat Games...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I think they used a different reason for werewolf environmentalism.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
They did rather prohibit consumption of human flesh.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Tricky to pull off. For one thing, humans are clever bastards. It won't simply be enough to destroy the cities. You must completely destroy their techbase, and a good deal of it is not located in cities. Every book must be burned, every structure must be razed. The only way to pull this off in anything even remotely resembling an effective manner would be to cause some horrible calamity that would lead to something like a nuclear winter. And then you hunt down every last conclave of humans that shows any evidence of technology.

And then I'm pretty sure that the whole nuclear winter thing would be detrimental to the werewolves' survival as well.

Better just suck it up and live with it, fuzzy!
Given the availability of supernatural methods then, to get your less dangerous humanity, I'd suggest reinvoking a version of the Tower of Babel. I'm pretty sure that after a couple of generations of no two humans speaking the same language they'd be far easier to herd and farm...
(Mind you, be sure to watch out for the large number of now very pissed off spirits, loa, gods, and sundry supernatural beings who are no longer getting prayers that they can understand from humanity...)