Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Anyone know what's down with tenhawkpresents?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd guess someone forgot to pay the domain name registration, but it's not even going to a parking page. Thee was still a bunch of stuff on there I'd never gotten around to reading, dammit.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

The Wanderer

Doesn't seem to be a DNS issue; I still get DNS lookup on the domain / hostname (resolves to 54.200.112.55), but attempting to connect to it even by IP address gets a "server failed to respond" type of error.

Depending on how the site was set up and hosted, this could mean as little as "the private residence where the server is hosted lost power", or something similar.

If memory serves, it was still just fine less than a week ago, so this is probably a relatively new issue; that means there's relatively good odds that it may get fixed on the far end in relatively short order. I wouldn't panic until it's been down for at least two weeks, though I might start looking for other methods to contact the site's admins in the meantime.