Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking for Gramdpa Rabbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been poking through the older threads trying to find a Luna Lovegood-centric time travel/looping idea that I developed a fair bit, since the Search function seems to be non-functional. I didn't find it (and anyone who can help with that will be deeply appreciated, which is the main point of the post) but I did turn up one from a couple years back that I like enough to repeat, so there's a bit of amusing content along with the "My search-fu is weak! Halp!" plea.

Back For Seconds - Hermione had to guide the spell, and Harry had to power it. Ron was the only one left to send... Returned to the first moment they were all together and imbued with the ability to slip a few seconds back in emergencies under his own power, Ron faces his greatest challenge: Not being such a berk about his important mission that he drives away the freinds he'll need to succeed in it.

The one I was looking for, has multiple loops with Harry traveling to save Luna's mum and her providing the time travel McGuffin, except that one time it doesn't work and Luna has to try to build the device herself from memory. My own memory of details is sketchier beyond that, but I do recall being quite pleased with the idea as a whole.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

The Wanderer

The description of the one you're looking for sounds like one you described in the "Non-Crossovers that Should Be" thread, in the bottom half of the first page.
(headdesk) And here I was, looking at all the threads with variations on "Potter bunnies" in the title, but not that one. D'oh. Thanks, though.

(reads)

And I still like it as much as I like anything Potterverse, and I still don't have enough general oomph to give it a proper go, between the nasty weather melting away all motivation and Astro Cross nagging at my brain to be worked on. At least I know where to find it now, though.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows