Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A Light In The Darkness (Quest fic- votes and critiques welcome!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
-Temporary dams are doable.
-Whenever you create an object or land, you create reality with it.  That's what the silver spheres that appeared around the land and the pot roast you created were- the edges of those realities.  Nothing you've created is leaving that area, as there's nowhere outside of them to leave to.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Ah, okay, no need for an extra bubble then. cancel the bubble stuff So is there now a sphere-segment (frozen) pool on the underside of the patch of terrain where the world-bubble caught what flowed off the sides? Or I suppose that froze into snaow and/or hail as soon as it broke out of a flowing mass. Igh. My brain just punched out for the day, I'm going to have to look at this again when I can think - not that I'm saying you have to wait for me or anything, I'll catch up later.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Bluemage Wrote:Here are the currently proposed plans:
-Rob Meditation: Sort memories, try to organize thoughts.
-Jorlem Meditation: Rob Meditation, plus try to figure out Will enhancement/partial duplication/mental multitasking.

-Rob Energy: Put air inside barracks, light stove.
-CD Energy: Dam river, make human-size zeppelin cell, fill with air at STP.

Currently, Rob Meditation has two votes. (CD, Rob). Jorlem Meditation has one vote (Jorlem).

Rob Energy has one vote (Rob). CD Energy has one vote (CD).

Rob, the barracks has a stove. It is also full of air, as the hut was not airtight. The air has frozen, like all the other air inside your reality.
Okay, then a small fire isn't going to do much. Change my vote to Jorlem Meditation

I still want to try moving something that's already been created, but that can wait for now.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Ok, here's my energy plan (to take place after meditation):

That done, you look around, at this frozen world you've created. Guess I should go and turn up the heat a bit. You think back, focusing on your memories of heat:
The warm sun on your face,
A suddenly steaming shower,
Chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven,
The blazing incandescence blasting forth from your rocket pack.

Channeling the Silver Light through those memories, you spread it across all that you've made so far, and release it.

-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
With clarifications and a fresh tank of Z-particles, I'll go with Jorlem's plans
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Jorlem's Plan, with the caveat that we favor data points 1 and 2 more than 3 and 4 in our visualization.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
What do you have against potentially fusing chocolate chip cookies with an intrinsic portion of reality?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
All the other gods will smell our reality cooking and come over wanting the eat some. Making some friends in the neighborhood wouldn't be bad, but, well, gods. See also Doug's commentary on same.

(Assuming that we aren't the only ones homesteading in this nonspace, but Bluemage did mention using the other character submissions as NPCs)
--
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7