Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: This is my superheromobile.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 1969 AMC 400 show car:

[Image: 6bXD3Pg.jpg]
[Image: 0AeJVpr.jpg]

Now edited for hosting that won't turn it into an antihotlinking shunt image if you don't already have it in cache.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
An anti-hotlink message? Smile
Bah. I'll host the image myself.

And done.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
(Edited to fix the image.)
... Feh. I do not want just a car...
[Image: Supergreat-FS.jpg]

I WANT A FRICKIN' MOBILE BASE!!!

Used to see these things all the time when I was stationed out in Yokosuka. They'd use these to deliver the frozen/refrigerated food to our ships for stores onload. First off, it's not a tractor-trailer rig. And both of those front axles are steered. Also, both sides of the cargo box open on big clam-shell hinges so the whole thing can be unloaded in an almighty hurry, especially if the load is palatalized and you have forklifts available.
Hm... It's missing an Autobot (or Decepticon) insignia, but acceptable. While they don't have the double-front-axle factor, I've actually seen similar trucks used by beverage companies, Coca-Cola, Snapple, and some brand of bottled water sticking in my memory.
--
Nowhere nearly as big. And I've sen them bigger than this. And the astonishing part is not only do they maneuver through Japanese cities fairly well, I swear I seen some of these with an additional trailer being towed as well!

Oh, and this just cements the whole mobile base thing: http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-p ... house.html

Just imagine doing something like that, only on the scale of the Fuso FS-class truck pictured above. O_o