Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [Fic Snippet] From NPE. 14th Angel pwnage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
More as proof that I'm still working on this old thing, and have plans beyond the immediate future... Trying to straddle the line of 'Fuck yeah!', and 'Actually, that's just a bit creepy and uncomfortable.' In proper Eva fashion.

Quote:I stood in the street, half a kilometre from the Angel. It was framed by columns of black smoke and rising dust.

In Evangelion terms, that was close enough to spit in its face. My fists clenched tight around the control throttles, bracing myself. My stomach screwed tight against the incoming pain.

I knew it'd hurt. But I could take it. This is what I do. This was what I was trained for. Deep, ragged breaths fueled by raw blood-burning anger shook my body. This was power of hotblood. This was how it was done on TV. No more games. No more fucking around.

The Angel hoved implaccably towards me, a five story building dissolving to rubble beneath it as it passed over. That white, beaked face in the centre of it's torso seemed to stare at me, regarding this new threat standing in it's way, almost daring it to attack with the same disinterest it had shown every other defence it had met.

I glared at it, watching for the flicker if it charged it's particle flash.

The angel's razorfoil weapons unfurled lazily beside it, and I felt myself grin savagely. It had no idea what was about to happen. Poor fucker.

“C'mon. Do it,” I growled.

It waited, thinking. In whatever passed for an Angel's mind, could it have possibly considered it was being led into a trap? Could it be second guessing itself?

In the back of my mind, I could hear Misato second-guessing what I was about to do.

Katsuragi; “This isn't worth your life, Noriko!”

She was pleading. I glanced at the image, pausing a moment, stunned that she'd even think such a thing. There was fear in her eyes.

I opened my mouth to reassure her, to tell her what I was planning...

The words were punched from my mouth.

It was impossible not to scream, when I felt my chest ripped open. Myheart spasmed as my mind reeled from the pain and fury at being caught off-guard. But my mind cleared quick. Pain was nothing to an Evangelion pilot. I knew what I had planned. My arm was wrapped tightly around one of the foils, tieing us both together.

This was it.

All of my rage and hatred piled together, burning hot and bright and pushing me forward, hauling myself arm over arm along the taught foils. I could feel it struggling, feel the tugs and jerks as it tried to pull itself free, realising the mistake it made. Every little jerk sent new agonies through my chest, but I could take it. I was still breathing.

And I hoped to whatever God was watching that it was afraid, that it knew fear.

“Look what I caught!”

It was almost funny.

It turned away for a moment, trying to twist free. It failed. It turned to face me. Somehow, that beaked face seemed all the more desperate despite being formed from rigid bone. A flicker of light sparked in its eyes.

I lunged and drove my prog-knife right into its eye socket. The beam lanced hot past my ear, the scent of sizzling flesh tickling in my nose. Somewhere I was aware of an alarm or malfunction sounding itself out, but I didn't care.

Screaming, I hauled it by it's own foils over my head, swinging it like a massive kiloton chain-hammer through the air. It obliterated the shopping centre it landed on, a wave of dust and debris bursting out from beneath it. Shards of glass speckled the sky. Cars burst.

Grinning savagely, I pounced on top of it, straddling its prone body with my knees on the ground. I could feel it struggling between my legs, foils still twitching deep in my chest. My knife was still embedded in its face.

I was panting My heart was racing, threatening to burst from my chest. My whole body was shaking with raw adrenaline and I was hungry. Despite the LCL, I could feel my mouth water. Captain Ahab had caught his whale.

It's remaining eye flickered with power once more. Grabbing the knife-handle, I pulled it towards me, humming blade slicing deep. I drove the fingers of my free hand through it's eyesockets, feeling the charge of energy spasm up my arm. Gripping tightly, I tore.

It screamed. I felt every sinew snap in turn as I tore it's face free. Dark blood fountained from the wound, washing down my armour.

Grabbing the blade, I wrenched it free, before stabbing it deep into the wound. Once, twice, three times, grunting with the effort each time. Blood spattered in car-sized globules onto the surrounded street. With each violation of it's body, I could feel it twitch between my legs. Each stab in the chest send a shiver of agony through it's body.

For everything Kaworu had done to me. For the nuclear attack on the Tenth. For the future. For everything its kind had done to the world. For Hikari.

I wrenched its foils free from their sockets, leaving it powerless to defend itself.

Then focused on the core. I brought my blade up and stabbed it down. A bony shield slammed shut around it, trapping the blade tight between both halves.

“Why can't you just, fucking, die already, huh?”

I tried to wrench the blade free, hopping to split the shield like a clamshell. I cursed as the blade snapped at the hilt, already weakened by the abuse I'd given it.

There was only one way to get at the core now.

I plunged my arms deep in through the wound I'd caused with my knife and I tore it apart. Alien meat split and snapped and popped as I ripped my way around

And still the Angel lived. Somewhere, it knew what was happening to it. It knew it couldn't stop me. It was alone in the world, the only one of it's kind and it was dying. It was being murdered in the most brutal fashion imagineable and it was aware the whole time.

I was tearing it apart, ripping tendons and blood vessels free, exposing the edges of it's core. I wished it could suffer. I wish it knew what suffering meant was I tore it apart with my bare hands. I wished it could understand how much I hated it and its kind as it died.

It had long stopped struggling by the time I had both my hands on it's core. And I was laughing, savouring the moment, savouring the raw savage power of the Evangelion had unleashed. This was no machine. This was me. Forty thousand tons of anger and fury, of naked hate given vicious form. This was the true power of humanity, the true vision of the human soul and the savagery therein.

I screamed as I ripped it's core free, clinging entrails unwinding, stretching taught before snapping.

Maybe in some way, it saw me crush it into the ground, bursting it into a tsunami of thick red blood. The wave washed down streets, toppling powerlines, crashing through shopfronts and overturning parked cars before draining down into one of the craters the Angel had blown.

The ruin of its body lay beneath me, dead, as I stood up, towering triumphantly over it. Rivers of blood ran down my arms body, pooling at my feet. I could feel it trickling from my fingertips.

Hyuga; “The target has gone silent.”

All I could do was sit there shivering in the seat, carried along by some primal sense of elation and satisfaction.

Misato in the comm window was staring at me, mouth hinged open, not sure if she was supposed to be appalled at what she'd just witnessed or not. I smiled proudly at her.

That was vengeance.

Hazard

Or 'Break the Cutie.' Don't think Axe Crazy applies though, unless she has a history of violent mental instability.
It's not quite a Heroic BSOD.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I suppose the term of trop would be deconstruction, of Episode 4 of Gunbuster, if anyone's seen it. That's what was in my mind. One Noriko does it in the process of becoming the apotheosis of badass, the other.... doesn't.