Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Anyone know what is going on with FanFiction.net?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A number of times in the last couple of days I have tried to use various bookmarks which point to various fandom index pages only to see the indexes were empty. I checked FictionPress's blog, Twitter feed and their main page, but there is no mention.
Any ideas?
Korean Spam attack.  For the last two days.
Fanfiction is back up now.
Again?
For every Fool proof Idea, there is always a Fool to break it
And like everything else, Best Korea is the best at producing fools!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
What the hell do they get out of spamming ff.net? Did someone banhammer somebody's favorite fap material? :p
Black Aeronaut Wrote:What the hell do they get out of spamming ff.net?
The same thing they got out of spamming the Poser and Daz Studio Freebie Wiki - more links for the search engines to discover and count to raise their page rankings.

(That's one reason I hate link-spammers - either they use my resources in their fraudulent schemes to make people think their products are better-received than they actually are, or I have to limit my site's functionality so that legitimate users have more trouble using it.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
What the hell do they get out of spamming ff.net?
The same thing they got out of spamming the Poser and Daz Studio Freebie Wiki - more links for the search engines to discover and count to raise their page rankings.

(That's one reason I hate link-spammers - either they use my resources in their fraudulent schemes to make people think their products are better-received than they actually are, or I have to limit my site's functionality so that legitimate users have more trouble using it.)
I wish I could find it, but back in the mid-90s, when I first started in IT and the Web was young, there was a television commercial for a network security company. It featured a bald-headed man, hunched over a computer, in a dimly lit room. A voiceover said something like, "You may be asking yourself, 'Why do I need to protect my company from hackers? We don't have that much money. We aren't a big bank or other corporation. Why would anyone want to hack our network?'" And then the guy looks up at the camera, revealing himself to be a tattooed biker with a crazy expression, who says, "THE SAME REASON WE PIERCE OUR TONGUES!" and he wags his tongue (pierced through, of course, and this was back when tongue piercings were almost unheard-of) at the camera.
So, why do they spam FF.net? The same reason they pierce their tongues.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."