Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fictions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
A series of ficlets about the Befriending Victim Support Group.  I mean, even if they generally end up better off than before, BFing still has to be a traumatic experience....

Membership:
Anyone ever beatdown by Naruto Uzumaki.  Special group rates for nation-states and NGOs.
Just about everyone ever BF'd, or BFF'd, by Nanoha Takamachi.  Difficult to find venues for, since Nanoha keeps enthusiastically trying to re-enact the pivotal events.
Any Cosmic Entity ever bombarded by the Equestrian High-Orbital Friendship Cannon.  Refreshments catered by Pinkie Pie, no matter how hard we try to keep her from knowing the date or location.
Snrk. Fund it!
I'll just leave this here.

[Image: thefewtheproud.jpg]

-Morgan.
Once magical incident later and Harry Dresden, professional wizard, is cast outside the Gates and winds up on the wrong side of the Dungeon Dimensions from home. Still, there's a city (Ankh-Morpork) and Organized Crime (the Thieves Guild) and even a police force willing to pay a modest retainer to keep a wizard on call... admittedly, the local equivalent of the White Council are... rather prone to treat the laws of magic as suggestions and mostly seem focused on diverting each other from using magic in favour of large meals...
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Ross Van Loan

"Moonbase Alpha. Shit; I'm still only in Moonbase Alpha...Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back on the Earth. When I thought I was home after my first tour it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing."http:
Quote:Morganite wrote:
I'll just leave this here.
[Image: thefewtheproud.jpg]

-Morgan.
Ummm...  Sorry, Morgan, I'm drawing a blank on that one.  Can you elucidate?
SkyeFire Wrote:Ummm...  Sorry, Morgan, I'm drawing a blank on that one.  Can you elucidate?

I'm following a WIW of Queen's Blade on RPG.net. A location in a recently covered episode made me think of someplace in FFX, which led to speculation on a version where instead of swordfights in ridiculous outfits, the setting was based on blitzball games in slightly less ridiculous outfits.

And I took one of the best lines in a translated game ever and put it on a picture of young Leina. Because I could.

-Morgan.
Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban (aka Heroes' bbs)
and
Cucumber Quest.
Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
A series of ficlets about the Befriending Victim Support Group.  I mean, even if they generally end up better off than before, BFing still has to be a traumatic experience....

Membership:
Anyone ever beatdown by Naruto Uzumaki.  Special group rates for nation-states and NGOs.
Just about everyone ever BF'd, or BFF'd, by Nanoha Takamachi.  Difficult to find venues for, since Nanoha keeps enthusiastically trying to re-enact the pivotal events.
Any Cosmic Entity ever bombarded by the Equestrian High-Orbital Friendship Cannon.  Refreshments catered by Pinkie Pie, no matter how hard we try to keep her from knowing the date or location.
Have you considered sic-ing SpaceBattles, and/or SufficientVelocity on this?
Star Wars and Gentle Ben (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061255/).
"Help me, Gentle Ben Kenobi. You're my only hope." Bears with lightsabers for the win!
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Quote:Shepherd wrote:

"Help me, Gentle Ben Kenobi. You're my only hope." Bears with lightsabers for the win!
Well, of course.  The right to arm bears must not be infringed.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Voldemort's war for control of Magical Britain has claimed two new civilian casualties; the wife and young child of an officer in the US Marine Corps and decorated Vietnam veteran assigned to the security detail at the consulate. His name is Frank Castle, and he is pissed.
Quote:DHBirr wrote:

I'll just leave this here.http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0671319 ... oks&sr=1-6

I'll just leave this here.http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0671319 ... oks&sr=1-6
Well, yes; I've got that book.  Although I've seen the joke in other circumstances, as well, and I like to believe I would've thought of it anyway.
-----
Considering that one dictionary definition of "carry on" is to "behave or speak in a foolish, excited, or improper manner," the designers of that famous poster, "Keep Calm and Carry On," need to make up their flippin' minds!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
The planet, and culture, have appeared in a couple three of either Dicksons own collections of shorts, or maybe mixed author collections.

Cause... Yeah, their the first ones I think of when the Armed Bears jokes float around yet again
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
So, there's an idea floating around for Yamato 2199 - I'm not sure if it's fanon or no - that multiple Earth nations were working on ships similar to Yamato, and that the plan was always that whichever of them was ready first would be the one to get the Wave Motion Core and the mission.

So let us tell the tale of a different vessel to be completed first and receive the mission. Let us consider, perhaps, HMS Excalibur, and her commander, Admiral Arturia Pendragon.

She has a rather strongly international command crew, including:
Executive Officer Rin Tohsaka
Tactical Officer Emiya Shirou
Science Officer Waver 'Lord El-Melloi' Velvet
Security Officer Bazett Fraga McRemitz
Fighter Squadron Commander Alexander Macedon

Any suggestions for other officer positions? Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Seraviel

A few more:

Claudia N. C. A. Germanicus, Communication Officer
Fransisca Drake, Navigation Officer
Gilles de Rais, Head Psychologist
Jackie Ripper, Night Security Chief
Bill S. Spear, Morale Officer
Hassan, Janitors (yes, all of them)
Nicholas T. Slah, Science Officer
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.
I watched the Movie version of "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" last night.

And it got me to wondering about who, and how many, Buffy met before she got pulled back.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Person of Interest. Because in the BuffyVerse, vamps do show up on camera.

I can just see the poor Machine trying to figure out how her Assets don't know about all this hidden-world stuff, or believe in it, because the Machine can see it all, and comes at reality without any preconceived notions whatsoever.

And then Willow starts getting mysterious phone calls. Xander starts getting visits from various "instructors" looking to build on his post-Halloween experiential memories.

Shaw and Buffy... oh ghod. For all that Shaw's a sociopath, she gets girly over weapons the way Buffy does over shoes. Get the two of them bonding....

And the Giles/Finch interactions would be glorious.

Poor John would end up the One Sane Man. Lionel would take the Sunnydale PD as a personal affront and probably do something reckless. Root... well, Root would probably try to adopt Willow or something....
Would the Machine, which from my limited knowledge of the show has a full facial/body recognition package, register that the vampires aren't breathing? Or would its software ping the wide variety of young vamps that are dead or missing in public databases? That sounds like the first blip, with Finch trying to figure out why the Machine keeps throwing all these errors up.
I say do it. It would be a pretty good story.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:Ebony wrote:

Would the Machine, which from my limited knowledge of the show has a full facial/body recognition package, register that the vampires aren't breathing? Or would its software ping the wide variety of young vamps that are dead or missing in public databases? That sounds like the first blip, with Finch trying to figure out why the Machine keeps throwing all these errors up.
I say do it. It would be a pretty good story.
I would say that it would be the first, followed by a colated/cross-referenced list of the second, and by a list of prospective agents/hunters that woud also cause blips on its data base.
Hmmm.
Yeah, this is gonna work so well.
Mu La Fraga McRemitz.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
SkyeFire Wrote:Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Person of Interest. Because in the BuffyVerse, vamps do show up on camera.

I can just see the poor Machine trying to figure out how her Assets don't know about all this hidden-world stuff, or believe in it, because the Machine can see it all, and comes at reality without any preconceived notions whatsoever.

And then Willow starts getting mysterious phone calls. Xander starts getting visits from various "instructors" looking to build on his post-Halloween experiential memories.

Shaw and Buffy... oh ghod. For all that Shaw's a sociopath, she gets girly over weapons the way Buffy does over shoes. Get the two of them bonding....

And the Giles/Finch interactions would be glorious.

Poor John would end up the One Sane Man. Lionel would take the Sunnydale PD as a personal affront and probably do something reckless. Root... well, Root would probably try to adopt Willow or something....
TTH has nine of them including one of mine.

http://www.tthfanfic.org/Category-2-265 ... terest.htm
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

We've switched Boromir of Gondor for Eddard Stark around twenty years before LoTR and GoT. Middle-Earth gets a reserved but unwaveringly honourable man as heir to Steward of Gondor and one of the fellowship. Westeroes gets a mighty warlord who cares little for marriage and children and everything for the glory of battle and the protection of his home.

They'll probably both be much happier as a result - Westeros and Middle-Earth, perhaps not so much.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
VO: My name is Uchiha Sasuke. I used to be a ninja.

(phone rings) We've got a nukenin notice on you. You're blacklisted.

VO: When you're a nukenin, you've got nothing: no cash, no credit, no history. You're stuck in whatever town they decide to dump you in.

Sasuke: "Where am I?"

Sakura: "Wave Town."

VO: You do whatever work comes your way. You rely on anyone who's still talking to you. A psycho ex-girlfriend…

Sakura: "Shall we kill them?"

VO: An old friend who used to inform on you to the ANBU…

Naruto: "You know ninja. Bunch of bitchy little girls."

VO: Family too…

(phone rings) Naruto: "Hey, is that Itachi again?"

VO: … if you're desperate.

Itachi: "I need your help, Sasuke!"

VO: Bottom line: Until you figure out who framed you… you're not going anywhere.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13