Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: 1st Look at New USS Enterprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Photo from the teaser that will play before the Cloverfield movie
www.firstshowing.net/2008...nterprise/
Not bad... -Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
I hadn't even known that there was a film planned. Huh. Cool.

===============================================
"Nyan-nyan nyan-nyan nihaou nyan!"
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Kokuten

that picture loaded, and I swear I felt a chill roll up my spine.
That why I'm a star trek fan - it's tied enough into my history and it's done well enough that the drama _works_. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Wow. Very cool.
And Nathan, yeah, they've been at this for more than a year. It's a prequel to TOS, too, so they've been recasting the original roles, and Nimoy at least is reprising Spock in a flashforward or something.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
MPAA-defying cameraphone recording of the teaser.
I'll give Abrams this, the dude knows how to tease a movie.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
The chill up my spine began during the trailer, the moment we heard the words "Godspeed, John Glenn!" And the whole "what was going on at the time of the original Trek" realization occurred to me. Then the pan-up as we see U.S.S ENTERPRISE N.C.C. 1701 on the saucer and the clearly recognizable warp engine nacelles and Leonard Nimoy's voiceover...
God... DAMN!!!
I don't know how good an actual movie this is going to be. But whoever designed and directed this trailer knows how to SELL it!!!! Whooo!!!-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------

Balentius

On the one hand, the amount of detail on the "original" USS Enterprise annoys me (as a long time trek fan.) On the other hand, WOW - that looks cool...
With any luck at all, this might be the next "Wrath of Khan" - a movie that is incredibly popular, and interesting.
Unfortunately, I'm also hearing that it involves time travel...
Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm also hearing that it involves time travel...
I've heard the same rumour, during the pre-game chatter from last night's roleplaying session. Partial transcript follows:
"...but it involves the two-word plot device that strikes fear into the hearts of all Trekkies."
"'Captain Janeway'?"
(everyone laughs)
"Time Travel."
-Rob Kelk
"I heard there was a trial run of soylent blue, but they had to cease production when the George Carlin ran out..."
Mark Jones, 13 Jan 2008
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Considering the sheer amount of continuity errors I'm seeing in the so-far-released material, I'm thinking I may like this movie less than I liked Voyager and Enterprise.

And I regarded them as steaming piles of monkey entrails.

(Why, yes, I'm a TOS fan. How'dja guess?)
Quote:Considering the sheer amount of continuity errors I'm seeing in the so-far-released material,
Continuity? What continuity?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Meh, it's Trek, Trekkies every will go see it and scream all over the internet, all the problems they will have about things/events in the film.

As to the oddness over the good ol' NCC-1701 appearance, just remember Paramount + Bergman & Co. have basically reconned everything when they Lucased
TOS during the making of the HD release of TOS.

Still, the thing that has me worried is in that teaser trailer, are they building the Enterprise in a land based dock or in a spacedock? Cos if they're
building it in space, no-one working on the hull is in a spacesuit. But if it's on the ground, how it supposed to make orbit, yet alone how are they
preventing a spectacular structural collapse.

--Rod.H

Ayiekie

"Star Trek Continuity" beats "Military Intelligence" anyday. ;p