Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Challenge, For Fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Inspired by a "Crossover that shouldn't be" that I'm going to be putting in the thread of the same name in a couple minutes, I'm offering a fun little challenge.

Alter the name of any TV show, movie or book by one letter, and then write up something akin to a TV Guide entry for the resulting work.
Example:
Zeroes. This six-part miniseries examines the vital role the symbol for "nothing" plays in our economic and cultural history.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....

Kokuten

American Chipper
In this episode, young Mikey tries to explain to the union boss why the main wood chipper at his father's plywood plant has the carcass of a 1972 Gremlin wedged into the intake.

Dog the Mounty Hunter
Dog McKenzie, RCMP agent and hunting guide, must defend himself against a raging black bear! Special Guest: Ozzy Osbourne.
V.A.S.H(Animated)
Vash The Stampede must cope with the field hospital running out of donuts, while his brother Knives elevates his cross-dressing to another level in a bid to get a Section 8.
Revolutionary Gill Utena(Animated)
Plucky swordfish Utena faces octopus overlord Akio in this series finale.
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Fission: Impossible
An in-depth look at the Manhattan Project and how it changed the course of World War II.
Mouse M.D.
A delightful children's show featuring animated animals that teachs children about basic health issues.
Journeyfan
The continuing adventures of three science fiction fans and their hilarious quest to get to Glacticaomnicon.
---------------
Epsilon
X-Miles is an in-depth look at the design, operations, and overall eventual impact of NASA and the American Air Force's experimental x-plane research aircraft.

===============================================
"Reseeestunce ees fiutil. Yoo weeel bee Useemooletud. Borg Borg Borg."
===========

"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Penn and Tellers Bullship Vegas magicians attempt to duplicate Thor Heyerdahls Kon-Tiki journey in a craft made entirely of prime beef.
The Mary Tyler Moor Show: Big laughs in the newsroom as Mary forgets her burka and is ruthlessly raped and then beaten to death by her male co-workers.
Hannity and Holmes Mystery abounds as Britains greatest sleuth solves crimes while accompanied by a loudmouthed, pea-brained, asshole.
Dead Or No Deal Howie Mandel hosts Americas fastest growing game-show, where contestants have to commit gruesome, public, suicide in order to pay off medical bills.
Carryon Comfort. One man's attempt to get the airplane-legal maximum amount of stuff crammed into his dufflebag.
The Folk of the Arr. An SCA chapter is invaded by wannabe pirates.
Hobotech. Vagrants fight alien invasion with transforming freight cars.
The Dark Towel. Bathroom horror.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Scone. Hogwarts vs. Pantasia in a ferocious baking tournament.
Stab Wars. Black Mage takes on Belkar Bitterleaf in a fight to somebody's death.
--Sam
"I am a sexy shoeless GOD OF WAR!"
Quote:
Stab Wars. Black Mage takes on Belkar Bitterleaf in a fight to somebody's death.
With the less-successful sequel series, Scar Wars...

60 Minuets - The only show about music that doesn't have a theme song of its own. This week: Bach. (I only changed one letter - the "t" is now after the "e" instead of before it.)
Spacebulls - Mel Brooks applies his usual sober and insightful treatment to the problem of getting supplies of meat to astronauts.
WWE: Row - They're still days away from land and there's still no breeze for the ship's sail. But there's no way that's going to interfere with the fights - only tonight's winners don't have to join those losers manning the oars!
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
WWE: Saw[i]
In which justice is dispensed for grandstanding at the expense of genuine competition.
Ja, -n
(Not a wrestling fan, why do y
[/i]

"Reseeestunce ees fiutil. Yoo weeel bee Useemooletud. Borg Borg Borg."
===========

"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
I am in awe of the amount of win this thread already possesses.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Full Maetal Jacket - An unflinching look at the horrors of the Galaxy Railroad War.-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
--
Rob Kelk

Stir Trek - Gordon Elliot's travelogue of locations from James Bond movies, and the actual clubs, restaurants, and other fine establishments those in the movies were based on.
Mmm. It's a bit weak.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Kokuten

World's Funniest Dome Videos
Bob Saget hosts this week's episode of the Fenspace edition of the comedy standby. Featured are low-gravity mishaps from Stellvia, Phobos, and Rockhounds home base in a laughter extravaganza you have to see!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Lost Exile - Claus and Lavie crash-land in a deserted wilderness, where they meet a mysterious stranger who seems to posess a power known only as "The Force"...--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Balentius

42 - Arthur Dent must find Zaphod Zeeblebrox, and stop him from stealing the Heart of Gold, which Zaphod plans on using to destroy the Earth.
(Shown in real time, which is going to be a problem for the time-travel part...)
Dye Hard - Detective McClaine goes undercover in the garment industry.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
The Grades of Wrath - A critically-acclaimed story about failing school in Oklahoma and California. (The movie's ending is rather different from the novel's.)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Serial Experiments Rain
Weather network special on meteorological studies into raincloud formation. Part 2 of 8. This week, the effects of electrical power lines on rain cloud formation! (Running time 6 min 35 sec)
Helpsing
Delightful British girl and her older male guardian travel the world aiding others with the power of song.
Star Bars
Profiles of drinking establishments owned and operated by celebrities.
--------------------
Epsilon
Quote:
Serial Experiments Rain
Weather network special on meteorological studies into raincloud formation. Part 2 of 8. This week, the effects of electrical power lines on rain cloud formation! (Running time 6 min 35 sec)
Well, that's a total waste...

Knight Court - David Hasselhoff stars as a crusading judge who's sworn to bring law and order back to the minor nobility who think they're above the law. (Comedy)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

WengFook

Doctor Woo - Old british sci fi series featuring a time travelling alien with his two companions. Smith and Wesson. (action) _______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.

Kokuten

Heros
Young blonde female Claire Bennet must defend her sandwich making skills against all comers in this action filled food extravaganza.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Sulu
The captain of the USS Excelsior vacations at Roarke's Drift. Travelogue/Historical.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Cheeps
Once a major league pitcher, now Sam Malone runs a poultry farm and raises chicks...

-- Bob
---------
Quest for Fir - A small group of prehistoric adventurers must travel dozens of miles from home to find an evergreen tree.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Dirty Bobs - Mike Rowe talks about infamous Bobs. Premiere episode features an interview with Bob Dole.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Final Fantasy M -- celebrating 1500 years of SquareKorp's dominance over the entertainment industry.
--Sam
"Spoon!"
Pages: 1 2 3 4