Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Russell T. Davies Invokes Godwin's Law
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WTF.
This is the point where the pit of crocodiles opens up beneath Mr. Davies and he loses the argument. Only there wasn't even an argument to start with.
(Although my fiancee has expressed an increasing hatred of Davies and his attitudes toward the show and the characters lately, and this only fanned the flames.)
--Sam
"Well, let's go beat up that hedge then."

WengFook

Uh. okaay. thats interesting. I think.
About the public outrageat RTD's comment... I think that people are looking at this too closely and taking it a little too personally.
I mean lets all not pull out the big guns condemning him just yet. At the core of the article, it is acknowledged that RTD was making a throwaway joking comment about Hitler being a time lord and the other 80% of the article is ranting about said comment.
Davies said Hitler could be a timelord, not that he was the Doctor, which seems to be what some of these people assume.
I could see 'Hitler' being one of The Master's attempts at world domination, or that of some other evil Timelord.__________________
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett

Murmur the Fallen

Ah, Doctor Who Christmas Special--
A yearly tradition that has not yet palled. Who knew that Kylie Minogue could act? I certainly didn't.
The story was Die Hard meets The Poseidon Adventure IN SPACE but it had the Doctor in it.
Another reason why Russel T. Davies was the best thing to happen to Doctor Who since . . .
dare I say Virgin New Adventures?
-murmur

Herr Bad Moon

I think this was more of a case of Quirk's Exception.---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"