Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: R.I.P. Bailey, 1996-2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep today. His name was Bailey, and he had rapid-onset liver failure. Over the last few weeks, he's had a lot of trouble keeping food down, and last night while I was at work, he took a turn for the worse. He stopped being able to hold water, and he would hide around the corner of the house, in the back yard, laying down. In the last two weeks, he's lost about fifteen pounds, which, for a healthy, ideal-weight boxer, he didn't have to lose. This morning when I got home, he was peeing blood. He was a funloving dog, always there with smiles and tail-wags when I would get home. I got him a basketball for Christmas.
Good luck, Bailey, and good fortunes, whereever you go from here.
-Michael, 24 Dec 07 9:22 am
Edit: I post this here not for sympathy for myself and my family, but to give to Bailey as many good wishes as I can beg, borrow, or steal for his journey into whatever lies beyond. He was a better friend than I deserved.
-MFalling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead
My condolences on your loss, I know how hard it can be to lose an animal companion to something like that. May you remember him fondly and keep him alive that way.
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Our time with our pets is all the more precious because we are aware it will not be forever. Bailey was fortunate indeed to have a loving master all his days. He had you. And you did the best thing you could in easing his passing. He lives on in your memory.
It's a personal belief only, but I think that loving and loved pets wait for us to join them and share in whatever destiny awaits us. He'll wait patiently for you. As any dog waits patiently for their master to come home.
Well, after far too long, and after a nasty fight with the local humane society, Bailey has finally come home. I want to thank you all for your kind words and
thoughts through this difficult time. It's really meant a lot to my family and I.

Thank you.

-MichaelFalling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead