Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: FreeRice word game - test your vocabulary and feed the world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a simple game - ask what various words mean, offer multiple-choice answers, and make the words and definitions harder or easier depending on whether the player gets the answers right or wrong. (Sometimes it feels like playing "Balderdash", except the offered definitions aren't funny.)
It's an interesting idea - put banner ads on the bottom of each page, and use the money earned for charitible purposes.
It's already been done - FreeRice
At the point where I'd donated 500 grains of rice, I made it to level 43 (out of 50). (Edit: At 10 grains per correct word, that's 50 correct definitions. The level drops each time you guess an incorrect definition.) Can anyone top that?
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I lost track, so I'm not sure, but I don't think I did. By the time I noticed I'd gotten over 500 grains, my level was 44, but I had seen it as high as 47 at one point.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....

Stephen Mann

According to Snopes, over 2 billion grains of rice have been given away as of November 17th.