Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Sunday 10/14/2007 Schlock Mercenary strip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kokuten

Nanoswarm!
pissed off, highly capable nanobot swarm.
This is terrifying. Right down in the "evac NOW and nuke the ship behind you, then do it again a few times THEN start scanning and getting paranoid, because son, you got PROBLEMS" layer of my soul..

www.schlockmercenary.com
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Especially since that swarm has been living in the body of, and presumably been in intimate contact with the mind of, Xinchub.
The irony, though, is that on first contact with Schlock they asked for help, and he responded with violence...
--Sam
"Without this suit... I'm nothing."

Jeap

Now this is a Schlocktober I can really get into. Yay grey goo!
Meh. Another false alarm... wonder how many times Howard is going to do this before actually letting the grey goo out and poor Dr Bunny keeps chanting Please let this be a dream!!!!"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Sirrocco

Watch, though. The terrors all come from Xinchub, but they're all different. Ghost Xinchub, zombie Xinchub, Grey Goo Xinchub... My guess is that the next nightmare is going to involve somehow taking over TAG, and then perhaps on to the main event. Regardless, I'm near certain that we won't see a reuse.

Kokuten

ahhh, but they're not all _from_ Xinchub, they're all to _do_ with Xinchub, but they're all _from_ Bunnigus..
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
I don't see why they don't just arrange the transfer to Breya and/or Petey now. The fake corpse is on site, they can just teraport a small party to the rendesvous point with the real one, not their problem anymore.
--Sam
"His therapist recommends the primal scream."
Because other than the doctor, everyone feels perfectly safe. They don't see any need to hurry things up when they could be sleeping. Plus, thier probably still inside the Teraport Interdiction Area.--
La Krueze: I just want everyone in the universe to suffer. Is that so wrong?
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
From a less in-character viewpoint, Howard needs a reason for them NOT to hand over Xinchub. Or at least, he needs to sufficiently foreshadow the man's ressurrection - although it's gotten to a point where that's unlikely to happen, with all of this build up to that. More likely, they're going to destroy Xinchub's remains to get rid of the ressurrection nanos.
And Tagon is going to be SO disappointed that he only gets paid twice for this job. Wink
"Not this again!" Minerva said. "Albus, it was You-Know-Who, not you, who marked Harry as his equal. There is no possible way that the prophecy could be talking about you!" - Harry Potter and the Method of Rationality, Chapter 84
Wow. The skinny man screaming to get out? Did.
--Sam
"Blood covers The City like a big red afghan."

Jeap

That was a pretty good Schlocktober; better than Jaws paradise planet but not as good as ghost in the machine Petey.
So Xinchub or nano-entity?
I liked Schlock's comment from the 30th:
"Well if you are dreaming, please stop, okay?"__________________
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett