Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Ordering from Amazon.jp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here made any orders from Amazon.jp? Do you need to make a new account or can you use your existing Amazon.com account? Once you've hit the English button on the page does that provide enough translation to make an order without reading Japanese (I know a handful of kana and even fewer kanji, not nearly enough to read yet)? 580 yen isn't that much at the current exchange rate, although I expect shipping would probably bump that up a fair amount. Which raises another question, do I have to actually deal with customs myself if I order something internationally?
Okay, some searching makes it look like I can use my existing account; but, yikes, 580 yen for the book, 3000 yen for shipping!
I spotted a Nanoha comics collection (apparently the A's and prelude to Strikers comics). Sure those can be found fan translated online, but why not slip some money towards the original folks. Every once and a while I spot a few other things, but so far haven't actually tried ordering
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Based on my .com and .ca experiences, I'd say seperate accounts.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"

LantisEscudo

I've ordered many times from Amazon.co.jp. Placing the order is pretty easy; I did need a separate account, though. Shipping, though expensive, is extremely fast. I've had things in my hands (east coast US) three days after ordering.
They will charge your card in yen, so if your card issuer charges for foreign currency exchanges, be aware of that.------------
Honou Productions
------------
Honou Productions.