Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Negima Live-Action - Negi's been cast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quoting from Anime News Service:
Quote:
9-1-07 (8:44PM EDT)---- Negima! Drama Lead Selected
13 year old actress Kashiwa Yukina will play the roll of nine and three quarters-year-old child prodigy, mage and teacher Negi Springfield in the forthcoming TV Tokyo Live Action drama Maho Sensei Negima! Parallel. The news came out during a production symposium held in Tokyo September 1st.
Following the link leads to a Japanese-language article and some photos of Kashiwa-kun. She's cute. I can't imagine her as a boy, though...
And Dave Baranyi mentioned one other thing over on rec.arts.anime.misc:
Quote:
I guess in this case we won't be getting a hot springs/pool episode for a swimsuited Negi to stumble in upon the girls in their swimsuits.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

WengFook

Hmmm maybe a brown wig, colored contacts and some glasses would help.. but no I don't see a Negi either :o_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
"One of these days, milkshake -- BOOM!"
I suspect there's a dearth of Japanese-fluent 10-year-old British boy actors from which to cast...

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Oh, just a side note. Because of this, I went back to the web page for the series. There's a whole lot of new content, including production stills, and little film clips of the actresses attached to their individual entries below the class roster.
Nothing about the new Negi, though.

-- Bob
---------

WengFook

catmania.blog13.fc2.com/b...-1616.html
Here is a blog with some of the other characters in costume including the newly cast Negi Big Grin
And here is a site with more pictures of the cast
mantanweb.mainichi.co.jp/...photonum=0
I think she'll work out :o_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
I'm beginning to have hope for this project...

-- Bob
---------
The page for the live-action show has changed. Among the changes, a smaller class roster that shows at least some character makeup (Chachamaru). Zazie's got her facial markings, too. Evangeline isn't a blonde, but otherwise actually looks like she might work out just fine. (And a nice touch here -- Sayo's picture is in sepia-tone. )
There are also music samples, set photos, some behind-the-scenes pics, a couple episodes of a radio show version, and what appear to be synopses for three episodes, which begs the question, does anyone know if this is on the air now?-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Yep. First four episodes can be found in RAW form via route of tokyotosho.
I've downloaded but not watched it, so I can't attest to quality of execution. I suppose I should fix that...

Just briefly checked D-Addicts for the community's take. First impression is...not good. We'll see.

---EDIT---
Keep us updated, please.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.