Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Today's BIG Dose of Cognitive Dissonance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Japanese production of Fiddler On The Roof. I kid you not.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
You know, that nifty thing about it is that this is a serious production. It seems that many of the videos that get a lot of views are the, "Oh look at the foreigners doing things that would be utterly scandalous in our country."
Although that said, I was amused by a clip that was shown on a documentary about The Sound of Music. They were showing a series of clips from remakes that several countries made. Either the Japanese or Chinese production had a musical number in which Maria goes along bonking the kids on the head with a mallet during the song. A real, "Wha-huh!?" moment.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Quote:
You know, that nifty thing about it is that this is a serious production.
That just increased the dissonance for me, honestly, because I'm pretty sure I can hear Jewish or pseudo-Jewish cadences in the spoken Japanese, which just rings very oddly to my ears.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.