Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: That sounds awfully familiar...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to their press release, Sci-Fi Channel has greenlighted a show called Warehouse 13, about a small team of government agents who are assigned to gather up all sorts of supernatural and paranormal artifacts and lock them in a warehouse in the middle of nowhere.
Gosh, that sounds familiar...
And somebody's not able to comment at this time...
I wonder what the fireworks from this one are going to be like?

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Enjoyable, I'd say.
Anyone get in touch with S. John about this yet?-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I just sent him an e-mail. (I hope he doesn't have so many that he's sick of them...)
Steve Jackson himself has now publicly not commented on this in today's Daily Illuminator.
This is going to be fun... to watch.
-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk

And I've received a reply from S. John Ross. I don't post e-mails without permission, so I'll paraphrase...
He'd heard about Warehouse 13 from the Whedonverse - I was the first to actually e-mail him about the show. He's also somewhat more easygoing about the matter than a lot of others; while the similar titles beside the similiar premises causes him to raise an eyebrow, S. John feels it's a likely coincidence. (He pointed out that there are plenty of one-word-and-two-digit-number names related to this field, such as Area 51, Majestic 12, and Hangar 18.) His only real concern with the show is whether it'll be any good, "as an eager viewer".
If the writer of the earlier work is only raising an eyebrow at the coincidence, who am I do do anything more? Mind you, I don't have a financial or IP stake in the issue, the way SJ Games does.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:
Mind you, I don't have a financial or IP stake in the issue, the way SJ Games does.
Technically speaking, S. John Ross doesn't, either. If his contracts are like mine, and they should be, SJG is the owner of the book and its copyright, so they're the only ones whose opinion matters here.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.