Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Viewing webpage's HTML source violates copyright
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
claims Dosier Internet Law, according to this article. This firm has been noted for their unusual theories on copyright.
--The Twisted One"Growing up means giving up everything that makes you happy"
--Marge Simpson
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Oh yeah, I've heard about these people. They seem to verge on the "my breathing copyrights all air anywhere" school of nutcasism.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
All right. Who here hasn't been to their webpage and viewed the source code?
Actually, I hadn't, before I started writing this reply. Then I took a link right to a page deep inside their site (www.cybertriallawyer.com/legal-matter/), my first visit ever, and I never saw any agreement requiring me to acknowledge anything about their alleged ownership. In fact, as far as I can tell, there's no such claim embedded into that particular page at all -- just a standard copyright notice, which I will gladly respect. I do not plan to copy the page except inasfar as is necessary for the basic functioning of the web.
Hm. That raises a thought. Given how nuts they are about copyright, has anyone suggested to them that actually making the site available on the web is actively facilitating the alleged violations, and thus makes them accessories to the crime? Or perhaps makes them guilty of entrapment?-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.