Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Maison Ikkoku: A Secret Unearthed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ETA: This was supposed to go in General Chatter, my bad. >.<

From the latest Exalted book, a power available to Sidereals that allows them to avoid the attention of other Exalted, gods, and so forth...
Brigand-and-Carouser Attracting Style, one Endurance, one Paradox die per week: By going home with a waitress or going to a party with someone the Sidereal meets in a teahouse or tavern in a populated area, the character may attach herself to a family or friendship group of marginal personalities. They may be actual brigands, or they may just be louts or rejects. The character will quickly find a place amongst these addled personalities and eccentrics. By the end of the day, they will have accepted her as one of their own.
By wasting her days living large with the maniacs of her new troupe, she avoids all legal, bureaucratic and official scrutiny. Those attempting to deliver summonses to her are powerless without supernatural tracking, and those attempting to find her must beat her players Stamina + Presence roll, with her Essence added in automatic successes. The marginal life is a full-time endeavorshe has but seven free hours per week.

...I think I understand what Mr. Yotsuya's real job is now. Smile
--Sam
"You're blaming your environment for your own lack of intelligence."
Quote:
ETA: This was supposed to go in General Chatter, my bad. >.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

HoagieOfDoom

Hee hee. Yotsuya, a Sidereal? Probably had a some fun with Kyoko and Godai...
By the way, I love the new Sidereals. Heck, everything White Wolf has been coming out with as of late I love (although Changeling is admittedly overpowered for its setting).
I have an alternate explanation, too, using In Nomine. There's a little game Chibi Konatsu and I like to play called "Spot the Impudite" -- see which character in a show is having fun at the expense of the others, Kitsune in Love Hina for example.
Maison Ikkoku breaks this game, as Kyoko and Godai are clearly the only mortals in a boarding house full of Impudites. Smile
--Sam
"Well, let's go beat up that hedge then."