Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Okay, this is utterly cool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stairway to Heaven performed by a pair of Spanish-classical guitarists. Unplugged, it goes without saying.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

HoagieOfDoom

Rodrigo y Gabriela are way cool. They learned to play classical guitar by listening to metal.
IMHO, their most impressive piece is their cover of Metallica's Orion. Note how they play both the percussion and the melodies at the same time.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
I'm going to have to buy a CD or two of theirs.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:
I'm going to have to buy a CD or two of theirs.
I've already queued up to purchase their Rodrigo y Gabriela album from eMusic once my subscription refreshes. ^_^
After I listened to the video you posted about I found and listened to the one Hoagie recommended. After that I just had to find, and listen to, more. I have to say, one of the nicest parts of this board is the pointers to great music that get posted all the time.
Along similar lines, I've got a tape titled "What if Mozart Wrote Born to Be Wild" on which a classical string quartet interprets various modern songs including "Born to Be Wild" and "Stairway to Heaven." The cover is a cartoon showing caricatures of Mozart and the members of the quartet riding chopped motorcycles. I've also got a tape of pianist John Bayless doing a number of Beatles songs in the style of Johann Sebastian Bach.
While in Germany in the early 2000's, I twice heard on the radio a performance of Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" -- as a flamenco. I, at least, found it surprisingly appealing, but I've never been able to track down a recording.-----
Those who believed the laws of physics made things "possible" or "impossible" were mistaken. Time travel violated one of those laws. Physics took its *revenge*.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.