Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A sale for the reference-book lovers amongst us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a reasonably-successful local woodworking and gardening tool business in town (yes, they take web orders), and they have a reference-book sideline. This month, the reference books are 20% off. Details here, for those who are interested in such references or who collect books. But who wouldn't want a copy of "Open Timber Roofs of the Middle Ages", "The Great Saskatchewan Fowl Supper and Literary Contest", or "Traditions of the Navy", to name just three? (For some reason, the naval reference works are filed with the gardening books...)

Hmmmmm... Maybe these posts should be going into Marketplace... Bob?

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Kokuten

not IMO - the RightStuf sales stay here.
unless that's an affiliate link.. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
Hmmmmm... Maybe these posts should be going into Marketplace... Bob?
As Kokuten points out, I haven't made the RightStuf posts go into Marketplace. I suppose I think of these as pointers for interested parties, while Marketplace is for "I gots stuff to sell".
In other words, unless it gets abusive (and it's a long way from being that), it can stay here.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Fair enough. And I'll keep these posts to a minimum...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012