Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Shaolin vs. Ninja - in court!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, maybe. But, according to this CBC News article, the Shaolin Temple might take a Japanese internet user to court if he doesn't apologize for saying a ninja beat them all...
(Having not heard anything about the alleged match at the time, I suspect the Shaolin are in the right in this one... but I have no proof either way.)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Yes, but the battle was On-line Streetfighter Alpha3 and the Ninja cheaped out and played Chun-li.
Shayne.
Once every few semesters we get someone in the swordhandling class that says they are training in ninjitsu. I smile and nod a lot at this. One pair noted that they trained as a particular park at a particular date (Saturday mornings) they invited me to come observe. Perhaps it was to be gang-up on the fat samurai douchebag time.
I went. I arrived at the appropriate time, and walked through the park. No one was there - well, I thought to myself, these guys are pretty good.
Ahem... as they say in The Bad Place
FUKKEN SAVED!!!1!
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Kokuten

Quote:
I went. I arrived at the appropriate time, and walked through the park. No one was there - well, I thought to myself, these guys are pretty good.

AAHAHAHAHAA
I rofled.
I would love to take a swordhandling class, so I can go beyond "being able to carry it from place to place without cutting myself badly".
Took me a few years to get to that level from "able to carry it from place to place (in a scabbard) without cutting myself badly.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979