Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: 3D Interactive Display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For all you technophiles out there.
---------------
Epsilon
Wow. Just Wow.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
What he said.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Okay. Forget flying cars, this makes it official.
The future is finally here.
--Sam
"If I could just reach those peanuts...!"
Not really Lurker.
Not till the next generation of this tech matures, if you ask me. besides, you still cant interact directly with the image, what with that pesky rotating mirror that makes it work.
I still have to give these guys mad props for figuring a good way to do this though."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

WengFook

*jaw drops*
Impressive. Very very veeeery impressive :o_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
Still, they should take up a different marketing strategy. Hell, can you imagine the impact of something like this being used at a con or other large event with the traditional "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." pseudo-holo made real?
Insta-win.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

CattyNebulart

They are rather expensive, though there are 2 competing technologies for this kinda thing, but few would be willing to shell out a few thousand bucks for a toy like this. On the other hand hospitals are certainly willing to pay th 50'000$ price tag that one of these things an carry, given how much it helps in planning the surgery.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."