Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Running BioShock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HoagieOfDoom

So just on a lark, what kind of video card would I need to run BioShock at 1680x1050 with no slowdown? I've got an AMD Brisbane 4600+ dual core processor, 2 gigs DDR2 RAM, 430w PSU and an EVGA GeForce 7300 GS that is going to be replaced shortly.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Go for an 8600 minimum, 8800 preferred.
I've got a 4400+, 2GB, and 7800GT SLI, and I run without slowdown at all.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"

HoagieOfDoom

Thanks. I was thinking of upgrading to either an 8600 or 8800 anyway; it mostly a matter of how much spare money I've got when I switch out the 7300.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
FYI, the DRM in BioShock is causing lots of screaming, both because it secretly installs the SecureROM service, and because 2K limits the number of times you can ever activate the software key, although they did just change it from 2 to 5. I'm neither a player nor interested in it, just relaying stuff that I've read. See the following for more details:
www.gamingbob.com/2007/08...ding-demo/
games.slashdot.org/games/...3256.shtml
www.theregister.co.uk/200...drm_eased/
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
However, they've also said they'll eventually disable that, and only have it running now to kill launch day pirates.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"