Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I Am Now Officially Evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was exchanging e-mail with my sister about Deathly Hallows a couple of weeks ago, and admitted that rather than wait to read it, I'd gone to Wikipedia to look up spoilers. She'd asked how much I knew. Although fairly sure she'd finished the book, I gave a very sketchy, nine-word summary -- and then, unable to resist the Dark Side, added:
Quote:
Maybe I'm sentimental, but the revelation that Voldemort was cloned from Elvis by space aliens not only explained a lot I hadn't understood, but it made me want to hug him and tell him it'd be all right.
Mea culpa. Mea magna culpa.
Should I be burned at the stake for this?
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Kokuten

nope. that's some pretty low-grade evil, there.
I had Deathly Hallows the day before release, as PDF, and was reading it on my PDA.. my roomate's girlfriend asked what it was, I let her read the first ten pages or so..
then took it away from her.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

The Hunterminator

*Carefully avoids reading the quote*
Okay, I'm reading the book right now and I would like to know, SERIOUSLY, if it's safe to read.
I'm not kidding folks, I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible. I stopped reading "A Matter of Force" the second I saw the words 'Deathly Hallow' so I would appreciate no 'jokes' about it. I usually have a good sense of humor but in that case, I have none.
The quote is slightly less likely to be a spoiler than something you'd get by pulling random scrabble tiles out of a bag. '.'
-Morgan. Or, to put it another way, it has no relation to the actual events of the book whatsoever."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
What Morgan said. Babbling randomly under the influence of anesthesia might get closer. But not much.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.

The Hunterminator

*reads the quote*
Oh, it's in the same vein as all those "So, have you read Voldemort's sex change operation yet?" comments I keep getting.
Sorry about that.
Good grief.
All right, all right, I promise never to try making a joke on this forum again.

Obviously, there's something very wrong with my delivery....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Well, we can't all be John Kovalic. (Mind you, he got to stretch his "Potter spoiler" joke across two strips...)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012