Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Just a Warning...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peggy and I are going on vacation on Saturday; we'll be away for a week. I'm hoping to find an internet cafe near where we'll be staying, so I can stay in touch, but failing that I just wanted make folks aware so you don't think I died or anything.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
have fun. 8)__________________
I bet that if you cooked an elephant, you'd have a lot of leftovers.

-- Bob
---------

WengFook

Sounds very relaxing Smile Have fun Bob Smile
-Same friend.

-- Bob
---------

Murmur the Fallen

Hope you have a relaxing time. What books are you taking with you for summer reading btw?
-murmur
Well, there's this book coming out about some British kid in a boarding school...
Seriously, besides that, we have a stack of Eric Flint's 1632 sequels that we're both eager to get through. The combination should hold us...
ETA: Oh, and I have fourth book in Garth Nix's "The Keys of the Kingdom" series, Sir Thursday. Technically these are Young Adult novels, but you couldn't tell it, really, by the reading.

-- Bob
---------

Kokuten

you _will_ enjoy 1634: The Ram Rebellion, I enjoyed 1634: The Galileo Affair (testosterone! FEELTHY SANCHEZ! woohoo!)
I've got a bit of a crush on the 1632 universe.. ask me about refrigeration *G*Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
I've got a bit of a crush on the 1632 universe.. ask me about refrigeration *G*

: "What *about* the refrigeration?"
You can get lots of refridgeration with water and ammonia, and that most elegant of power sources, STEAM! Yes, the new world shall be built, without the missteps of the old... BY STEAM!
- CD got started on the whole Wave Convoy art kick by rereading the first Ninja High School collection GN, and saying to himself, "Damn, I can draw almost that well..."SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Nonsense! Sunbeams are the way of the future!
--Sam
"Aah! Invigorating!"
Okay, here I am, updating from How You Brewin' in beautiful Surf City, NJ ("Two girls for every boy!" or so the Beach Boys claim). I do not have 1634: The Ram Rebellion or 1634: The Baltic War, but I did finish 1634: The Gallileo Affair this morning. I am loving this 'verse the further I get into the books. I will be joining the online community almost as soon as I get home, and hoping to come up with a suitably good story idea in the hopes that I can get it into the Gazette (vol I of which I am currently reading in paperback form).
I polished off Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by Sunday afternoon, btw; Peggy's reading that now, but I'm not sure where in the story she is. I didn't notice if there were a thread discussiing the book here yet -- in case no one has ever noticed, I tend to start at the bottom/oldest of the new/updated threads and work my way forward in time -- but if there isn't one, we should start one.
Anyway, life is treating me well this week; it's been low humidity and brisk winds in the middle 80s (except for today -- it's a bit muggy). Oh, and there was a rainstorm a few nights ago, but it didn't do anything but soak our car because I left the windows open. Oops.
I'm not getting much of a tan because I'm doing all my reading on beachhouse porch -- I don't see any reason to get all slathered with sunscreen and trudge through the sand when I can read comfortably in the shade. Fortunately, no one has gotten on my case about not actually sitting on the beach in a swimsuit, as sometimes has happened in the past. I have been on the beach, just not for swimming -- I've been kiteflying, and in fact lost one of my three kites when it made a break for Europe when I tried to reel it in. Buying its replacement is one of the things I'll be doing after I'm done here.
Anyway, that's all for the update. I'll probably not get back online until I get home on Saturday night, so have fun and behave, people!

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
have fun and behave, people!
Make up your mind.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
So, DW5 isnt going to be finalized till after you get back.
SOB....."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
But of course it isn't. It went to final preread just before I left -- and that always gets at least a week.

-- Bob
---------