Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Squirrel-a-pult
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just what it says...
Part of me says "Oh that's just so WRONG!" and the other part just rolls on the ground unable to breath!!
(I seriously wouldn't worry too much about the squirrel. They survive falls out of taller trees on a regular basis. The square-cube law works in their favor.)-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
I wonder if any of the squirrels developed an aversion to that porch... or, conversely, kept coming back for more...

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.

The Hunterminator

Quote:
(I seriously wouldn't worry too much about the squirrel. They survive falls out of taller trees on a regular basis. The square-cube law works in their favor.)
That takes care of the physical trauma, but what about the mental trauma they undoubtedly get from that?
Imagine the scene.
"La la lala, lali la lala. Oh, oh my. Are those nuts? *gets closer* Indeed, they are. *Nibble nibble* Oh, quite tasty too. *Climbs in* *Nibble nibble* *Catapult goes off* [insert yell of pure horror here]"
Actually, I think squirrels are below the fatal terminal velocity mark.
The point at which their weight and surface area means that a fall of any distance is pretty much survivable.
house-cats are pretty much at the dividing line. (They have been known to survive 14 story falls), and thats much heavier than a squirrel, I should think.

Murmur the Fallen

This must've been how the CIA got those spy-squirrels into Iran.
Ingenious.
-murmur
if only they'd use their rodent hurling abilities for good, instead of evil . . .
Look! It's Rocky the Flying Squirrel! 8P__________________
I bet that if you cooked an elephant, you'd have a lot of leftovers.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell