Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Today's "User Friendly"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...is a must-read for anyone who cares about classic science-fiction. No prior knowledge of this UF is required.
Here's the strip.

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The Hunterminator

I've felt the need to do that several times. Usually caused by "Oh, they made a book about that movie?" comments.

crimsonsun

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that movie with a passion. The correct name should have been "Bug Hunt 09210"

On the note of the comic - lol Wink[Image: faveosig.jpg]
It was not a great adaptation of the book.
It was great satire.
Satire and boobies for the win!

Kokuten

liked the movie, sick and tired of illiad's piss-poor artwork and jittery plots.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
And it featured, um, how did Gryphon put it... oh, yeah, Ubergruppenfuhrer Dugi von Hauser.
Kiss of death.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Paul "Every Movie I Do Is About Nazis" Verhoeven.
Really, seriously, I understand that the you were traumatized by the Nazi invasion of the Netherlands, Paul. Do you have to traumatize us with it as well?Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I'm pretty sure Showgirls wasn't about Nazis... might've missed it between all the naked women & rampant stupidity, though.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
The naked women were symbolic of the Nazis.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
That would explain the Sieg heil in my pants.
Damn you, Rev! 15 minutes after I wake up is no time to be cleaning Mountain Dew off my monitor! (^_^)-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
When I saw a clip advertising Starship Troopers, and the soldiers, going into action against enemies who routinely used biochemical weapons (including flame), had their sleeves rolled up, I knew this flick didn't meet the minimal intelligence check. And then somebody explained to me that a substantial portion of the cast were alumni of Beverly Hills 90210, and I knew I wouldn't watch that movie if someone paid me to.
One of my friends who went to see it anyway told me it was even worse than I suspected. Small unit tactics, anyone? And I still treasure the memory of a newspaper review which commented that even the token black man somehow looked sort of Nordic Aryan.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Quote:
Damn you, Rev! 15 minutes after I wake up is no time to be cleaning Mountain Dew off my monitor! (^_^)
You need to get up earlier, then...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
(see title)
Well, okay, 'Redeeming Quality'.
The drop on Klendathu, while not how the book did drops (sad) was one of the best rousing military sequences I've seen in a long time, and the music rocks hard enough to make up for the movie.
Almost.
Kinda.
Maybe. On a good day.--------------------
I'll snap your neck like a tomato!

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.