Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The iLimb - chrome prosthetics are "in"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Considering how many cyberpunk fans (or, at least, Bubblegum Crisis fans) there are around here, I thought this Register story might be of interest.
Who'd've thought that chrome limbs would be more popular than realistic limbs? I guess that point break for obviously-artificial limbs in GURPS Cyberpunk doesn't pass the reality check...

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well, you gotta take into account that the end users mentioned are basically ex-military so they'd no doubt like their new hand to look tough, durable and intimidating.
Just the fact that it functions pretty much like OEM would be a bonus to 'em.
Cause now all they need's a hand like Luke Skywalker's in borg and they could go back on active duty.
--Rod.H

Kokuten

well, we don't _have_ limbs that pass as 'not obviously artificial', yet, so everything is still under the point-break...Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

WengFook

Quote:
There was no mention of any option to extend the middle finger alone or first two fingers simultaneously - which would seem an obvious necessity.
An obvious necessity Smile I just had to laugh out loud when I read that bit Smile_______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja magic-carpet airstrikes at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.