Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: We Take the Heat and Pass The Buck On To You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sony sues the folks who made their rootkit. Because, of course, it's their fault everyone got so upset about it.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.

Kokuten

here's hoping this gets thrown out of court, and the judge makes Sony pay all legal fees involved, and a 'spurious lawsuit' fine.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
It should be noted, as it says in the article, this is *not* the rootkit (XCP by First 4 Internet) that caused the big scandal. This is *another* product that also had rootkit-like properties, from a company called Amergence/SunnComm.
From what *I* can surmise, Sony isn't suing them because of the trouble, they're suing them because their crappy software got *caught*.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Quote:
It should be noted, as it says in the article, this is *not* the rootkit (XCP by First 4 Internet) that caused the big scandal.
Oh, I missed that bit.
Quote:
From what *I* can surmise, Sony isn't suing them because of the trouble, they're suing them because their crappy software got *caught*.
That part I didn't miss.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.