Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Negima live!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since nobody's mentioned it yet... here's the live-action Negima! homepage

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I dunno... while they get points for at least trying to duplicate all the hairstyles and "looks" of most of the girls, I'm disappointed that they didn't hire an anglo for Evangeline, and (I suppose) for Zazie.
(ETASmile Oh, and no obvious robotic appurtenances on Chachamaru, either...
And I notice that we still have no visible Negi...

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Quote:
I'm disappointed that they didn't hire an anglo for Evangeline, and (I suppose) for Zazie.
Discussion over on Usenet seems to be of the opinion that they couldn't find young-teen anglos who speak fluent Japanese and can act. (The "can act" part is less important for Zazie, but Eva's one of the main characters...)
Quote:
Oh, and no obvious robotic appurtenances on Chachamaru, either...
Yet.
Quote:
And I notice that we still have no visible Negi...
Apparently, either he hasn't been cast yet or they're keeping a tight lid on this bit of news. (My money's on the former.) I didn't notice a Takamichi-sensei, either.
One thing that they seem to have gotten "wrong" is the ghost-girl's school uniform... possibly they'll fix this closer to filming. (fingers crossed)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
Discussion over on Usenet seems to be of the opinion that they couldn't find young-teen anglos who speak fluent Japanese and can act.
Huh. You'd think simply by virtue of the law of large numbers they should have been able to find someone.
Quote:
they're keeping a tight lid on this bit of news.
This was my guess -- I thought that perhaps Negi's casting was likely to be a PR event similar to the casting of PGSM...
Quote:
One thing that they seem to have gotten "wrong" is the ghost-girl's school uniform...
Yeah, I spotted that, too, but I figured they didn't want to draw the eye to any one individual in that group shot, and switching costumes for the headshot was wasn't worth the cost and effort.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.