Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Profile on UT's new wbb coach, Gail Goestenkors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Profile on UT's new coach, Gail Goestenkors.
I realize not many people share my passion for women's basketball here but Goestenkors is one of the classiest women and coaches involved in the sport. She's highly respected and she's just an awesome person.
I'll excerpt one of the funniest parts for me:
Quote:
Before last season, Goestenkors cooked dinner for each class on her Duke team. Her players were shocked because Goestenkors doesn't cook. Her freezer is filled with frozen dinners.
"I am always telling my players to get out of their comfort zone and challenge themselves," Goestenkors said. "So that's what I decided to do."
Players got to choose what Goestenkors cooked. For her freshmen, she cooked steak and crab legs. For her sophomores, it was steak. For her juniors it was lasagna, and for her seniors it was spaghetti.
"We chose spaghetti because we figured she couldn't mess that up," Harding said. "But she still burned the garlic toast."
Harding is, of course, Lindsey Harding and the one that currently adorns my sig.
It's a good read with some nice, some hilarious, some tragic, and some inspiring anecdotes so take a chance. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Wink
Cheers.--

[Image: lindseyhardingsig3oh2.jpg]