Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Speaking of PS2 games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... Anyone else picked up Arcana Heart?

-Morgan.

Ayiekie

Yup, I did indeed pick up Loli Fighter; my addiction to a comprehensive collection of 2D fighters overcame my distaste for anything that has the word
"moe" in the description.

It's fun enough, and was translated with enough affection to make the story mode entertaining (Heart's making up of random words makes her far more
entertaining than she should be). Making the tiny little hyper-genius the grapple character was also pretty hilarious. All in all, a fun purchase even if it
does occasionally make me feel unclean.
Yeah, they did cover all their bases on the fetish outfits, didn't they? (I could not *believe* it when I saw Kira. School swimsuit, cat ears, and a giant
blob? @.@

(The thing that kind of freaks me out is Fiona's "stopped aging at 11". But then, officially Mildred is 17. I think maybe the ages should all be
taken with a grain of salt...)

Random words... like "punchenize"? @.@

As far as the gameplay itself goes, it's the closest I've ever seen to my idea of the perfect fighting game, so I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Except
for the last boss, who makes me want to hunt down the game's programmers and force-feed them the disc. -.-;;;

-Morgan.

Ayiekie

And "heartful". And even if it doesn't quite count, "But keeping secrets between friends isn't awesome!" It's really too bad
she's the main character, because she'd be much more awesome as the annoying comic relief sidekick. As for Mildred, she is terribly vulnerable to Sweep
Kicks Of Doom (it's pitifully easy to beat her with Kira) and the Orichalkos arcana (that or any other projectile arcana will also easily beat her first
form so she doesn't have infinite supers). She's not quite an SNK boss, anyway. ;p

CrimsonKMR

I might try this, been looking for a good fighter...

I can however really recommend the .hack//GU series to all. Its very much good
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
Got it last night, along with Persona 3: FES. I'm not too good at it yet, as most of my fighting-game experience is on keyboards, but it looks
interesting.

Why the heck couldn't it have a MvC-style continuous dash, though? That annoys me to no end!

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
As far as I can tell Mildred is pitifully easy to beat with everyone except Saki, whose sweep kicks move her around.

Really, it's not difficulty that's the problem with Mildred. It's that she's just so unlike any other character in the game that she
doesn't seem like she belongs. Winning or losing, fighting her isn't very much fun, and I can feel it making me worse at the game in general by how I
have to abandon all my tactics in favor of cheese in order to win. (Seriously, if there's any tactic that works better against the -final boss- than
against the first battle on the lowest difficulty level? That's somewhat off.)

Mildred belongs as the boss in an RPG, not a fighting game.

It's also interesting that you mention SNK. Since Capcom Vs. SNK 2 handled the whole thing very well IMO.

-Morgan. And there's nothing wrong with "heartful". "Punchenize" makes my head hurt though...
Persona 3 Fes came in where I work today. '.'

It's kind of weird how we got this as well as Persona 3 original flavor, but haven't gotten a lot of other Atlus games, like Arcana Heart. (Can't
blame it on the fanservice in AH, since we have had things like DOA and Rumble Roses...)

-Morgan.

Ayiekie

I also got that via preorder, since I missed the first one. I played a bit into it, and acknowledging the Xenosagaesque length of the opening bits before you
get to any gameplay would put off some people, it seemed quite interesting. A lot of Lain-inspired imagery, I notice.