Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I has a new car!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you that may remember, I had an accident in my car at the start of the month. For those of you who followed the saga of the car, I encourage you
to check my LJ, it's fun.

2008 Saturn Aura XE, Ocean Mist.

Whee.
Gratz!

I'm a long-time Saturn owner. Nice cars for nice money.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Saturn fan here as well, though I feel really weird driving a _car_ anymore..
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
I had a Saturn, but I eated it. Nom Nom Nom.

We had a bad Saturn experience. 96SL2. It was fine for the first few years (we bought it used); but despite regular maintenance, it was very unreliable,
eating two alternators, water pump, cooling system... The final straw was when the alternator went (again) right after I replaced the battery. I barely
managed to get it to my favorite dealer, and walked into the show room and bought my first brand new vehicle; with five year arse to appetite full coverage.

Glad to hear you are back on the road and pleased with your vehicle!

Shayne
I bought a used Saturn ('93) in 2001. I was a bit worried because it was standard transmission and I was used to automatic (my shifting's still a bit rough at times). It is the best [blasphemy deleted] car I've ever had. The gas mileage is so great it boggles my mind sometimes; I swear on one all-highway stretch I nearly got 50 miles to the gallon, and the worst I've ever gotten, all-city and icy roads, was just slightly under 30. With a car built in the early nineties. And then I hear about SUVs getting less than 20, or even 15....
Welcome to the Saturn fraternity!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
I'm enjoying the car a lot. The real-time milage reporting is fun. My only complaints so far is that the dealership didn't detail the vehicle properly
before I got it (which they've promised to do when my all-weather mats came in) and I discovered a design flaw with the chrome molding on the rear doors -
basically where two pieces meet there's a sharp edge - but they addressed that.

All in all, wonderful car buying experience.