Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Bucky paper for scientist, engineers, Inventors and now industry!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A paper like material that is as thermal conductive as a diamond with the same level of toughness and strength, but even better it is also as electrically
conductive as copper wire.

---------------

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-F ... wsNum=1939

---------------

It looks like this material will soon be available in commercial amounts and that is exciting especially if in mass production it can be made competitive with
the price of copper wire.

howard melton

God bless

EDIT

I'm not sure why it clipped out part of the link. Here is the clickable version of the corrected link supplied below as a cut and paste address.
Your hyperlink was somehow truncated. For some reason, when the "convert urls" checkbox was checked, it truncated the link, and didn't work
anymore.

Found the same site.

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-F ... wsNum=1939

Looks interesting...
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Indeed it does...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Bucky Paper in a news letter the night before last, Gecko based super sticky gloves mentioned on a TV show last night and tonight one of my NASA news letters
is talking about a implantable Electric eel derived bioelectrical generators that is "fueled" from the blood stream and are able to produce voltages
as high as 1000 volts or a constant flow of electrical energy able to run most implantable medical devices currently on the market.

I wonder why I keep getting flashes of ideas for superheros?

I"m also wondering how long it will be before some drug lord has a few extra surpises for the police or rival drug lords installed in his body.

howard melton

God bless
For most of this, I look back at Bioshock, and the Genetically injectable superpowers, fueled by a second drug the city's founder and a drug lord were in
open warfare over.

It's not so farfetched all of a sudden...
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
The Future is NOW!

....And yet it'll always be next year that something new comes out.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI