Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [Star Trek the Reboot] First Look @ the new Enterprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://popwatch.ew.com/po...8/11/star-trek-first.html

..huh

On first glance, I like the new nacelles, but the secondary hull looks a little weird to me. I think I want to see the ship from some more angles before I
approve or unleash my nerdrage.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Herr Bad Moon

Besides the normal silly design philosophy of all Starfleet (except the Defiant) ships, it looks good. Did have to look at it twice before I realized that was a shuttle in the foreground and not some weird bulge in the ships hull.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
I find it slightly odd, given that they're also remastering the Original Series, and replacing all the old shoddy special effects and starship models with
CGI, that the remastered Enterprise isn't this version.

Both of them look good though.

--Sam

"Kill us both, Spock!"
They've been dancing around the "reboot or not" subject for a while now, but the new model Enterprise pretty much answers that question. Frankly,
I see a reboot as a good thing; Trek as it stands is in more dire need of a reboot than Battlestar Galactica was. So reboot away! Give me my sleek new
Enterprise with the '57 Chevy nacelles and the shiny future aesthetic! Damn the nerdrage, full speed ahead!
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Reboots aside, I don't like the design of this ship. The original ship evoked a feeling of grace in flight that was reproduced in the E variant very well.
This one looks like it someone took a retro 50's rocket sled, slapped a couple random parts on it, and called it "done".

The movie might stand on its own, but I'm not impressed with the starship. It looks like a kludge, and a bad one at that.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
It certainly looks -like- the Enterprise, but it doesn't quite look the same. Personally (And based solely on that one picture), I think that that they
could have done better with the Nacelles and the Deflector dish. But in general it looks a rather nice (if not exact) replica of the original. I'll have to
wait for more info and pictures/trailers to make a judgment.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI