Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Star Trek 11 First Trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Freshly recorded right off the
screen in a theatre.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
*drools*

oh.... oh my god.

this looks like a prequel that doesn't suck..

I'm feeling a bit faint, I need to go lie down.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Ok, now I'm bloody well confused. Is this going to be set during the "TOS" timeframe or be more about Kirk growing into his position as Captain
of the Enterprise?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
settingwise, it's supposed to be Kirk, pre-TOS
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
I don't know...

I'm not interested in another generic sci-fi action movie from the trek franchise. The franchise is about more than that, or should be. We have enough
generic sci-fi action movies.

-----------------

Epsilon
Quote: Epsilon wrote:

I don't know...

I'm not interested in another generic sci-fi action movie from the trek franchise. The franchise is about more than that, or should be. We have enough
generic sci-fi action movies.
Me, I'll settle for a Star Trek movie that doesn't make me cringe since....well, First Contact?
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
I was just looking at the Trailer again, and I spotted a MAJOR, MAJOR Continuity gaffe that makes me worried.

Second shot, the one with the Academy aged Kirk? He's looking at the Enterprise in its building slip... ON THE GROUND.

Fer cryin out loud, 'everyone who is anyone' knows the Constitution class was built in the United Planatia shipyards, WHICH WERE IN ORBIT AROUND MARS.

Its a design thats NEVER supposed to descend into a gravity well, so who the hoek thought it was a bright idea to BUILD IT IN ONE???

Said realization just hit me whilest I was shaving, and suddenly gives me concerns about the team working on the movie.

If they can screw a major thing like that up so badly... Well.. it could just break the so called "even odd" superstition about good vs bad movies
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
I wasn't looking that closely, but I certainly didn't see an 'Enterprise' anywhere on the hull.

Who's to say that some weren't built dirtside early on?

If the movie is well directed and well written with good acting, I could care less about strict continuity.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Also, IIRC, Utopia Planitia was ... waitasec.

Bingo.

http://memory-alpha.org/e...erprise_dedication_plaque
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
I think the thing to remember about it is this: They are not trying to retell the original story note for note. They are rebooting the franchise. Like what
happened with Batman and James Bond. Or Battlestar Galactica. Or BGC 2040.

There's going to be moments that make no sense if you try and stick with original series continuity. Forget about that. There will be no more series or
movies made in that continuity. It's a different universe entirely. Just some of the same elements. It's like the various Gundam series. Except
it's happening with Star Trek.

Will I like everything they do? Probably not. But I'm not the audience they want. They want the new generation of fans.