Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Drakenis new Signature...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed Drak's new sig, and thought I'd provide all of you with some suplimental info...

The song he quotes actually is most often thought of as being from the Honorverse CD which Baen Publishing included in the hardcover edition of "War of
Honor", its one of three filk songs based on the Honorverse on that CD.

However, if you dont have the CD, your not totally SOL. there is a Baen fanatic who's archived all the promotional CD's to date at: Baen CD's @ The Fifth Imperium. you can get either zips of the whole CD's or just part...
which means that if you'd like to know more about Echo's Children, well...Echos Children songs from the Honorverse CD. not just the mp3's,
but bios of the two leading ladies of Echos Children and lyrics to them as well.

And if you like to know even still MORE about Echos Children, including checking out other samples or mabye just going straight to ordering a CD... well

http://www.echoschildren.org/
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Browsed around...and while the one about Haven is, musically, the weakest to me, the lyrics are wonderful. The other two are just damn well put together
altogether.

*adds to MP3 player*
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
I'll have to check that out when I get home tonight. Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
just started on the E-Arc of the latest Honorverse novel. I'm approx. ten pages in, and there's already almost 20 _thousand_ missiles in the air.
Mentor of Arisia approves!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Quote: OpMegs wrote:

Browsed around...and while the one about Haven is, musically, the weakest to me, the lyrics are wonderful. The other two are just damn well put together
altogether.

That pretty much matches my opinons. Riding the Tiger just doesnt flow, or emote as well as Fair is the Blossom or No Quarter. It almost feels like it was
included only so they'd have one from Manticore, one from Grayson, and one from Haven's povs.....

NO QUARTER!!!
Quote: Star Ranger4 wrote:

That pretty much matches my opinons. Riding the Tiger just doesnt flow, or emote as well as Fair is the Blossom or No Quarter. It almost feels like it was
included only so they'd have one from Manticore, one from Grayson, and one from Haven's povs.....
Is Fair is the Blossom from Manticore's POV? One of the verses references a rather Grayson-centric
event (her challenging Burdette in Flag In Exile), which I assume would be primarily known among the Graysons rather
than Manticore.

Riding The Tiger, incidentally, seems to lack any real....emotive as you noted. Fair is obviously a dirge of sorts,
No Quarter is obviously defiant and angry...RtT, however, lacks a real musical "mood" that implies the sort
of self-detrimental ironic humor the song's lyrics portray.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
You have a point... if its ANYONE's pov, it would probobly be Abigail Herns. I made the Manticore conenction based on Honor being the Blossom, and
Manticore being the tree, you see. As for her duel with Burdette, that sort of thing is NEWS... the sort of thing that newsies cover cause its exciting, even
if it doesnt help the public misconception of Graysons as a buncha neobarbs.

NO QUARTER!!!