Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: My cat is a jerk.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My cat is a jerk.

He doesn't come home last night, and its 19(F) degrees, so we are all worried. This one is a little goofy and we don't think he is canny enough to
manage for himself.

So we spend the night periodically going outside in the heavy snow, calling him, no cat. Its so cold out there my bear freezes, which is always fun.

Finally the next morning I go knocking door to door to see if the neighbors might have seen him.

(This is a dubious effort at best, because I have three black cats, so even if they had It would be random chance it was the right cat anyways)

So the second one says he heard something banging around in his garage last night, but didn't see anything when he went to look.

(shy black cat, dark garage, older neighbor without the best eyesight)

So he opens his garage door, we go in there, along with his granddaughter ( who I had not met before, and is surprisingly hot) is looking dubious.

I call his name;

*Meeeeeeeoooooooowww!!!*

From somewhere in the attic, crap.

So, 40 minutes later I've fetched my neighbors ladder and im crawling around up in there with a flash light he lent me. ( He smiled as he did it too, ha!)

I am calling his name, he keeps answering, I cant see him, and its like his meow is getting fainter.

I look around, wondering if hes in bad health or something, still no damned cat.

Finally get down, walk out of the garage look outside

He's meowing his head off as he runs full tilt back home, must have gotten down somehow once the door was open.
Nope. Not a Jerk, just blonde, even if he does have black fur.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children