Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Made the mistake of catching up on the latest Naruto manga.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Herr Bad Moon

It was a train wreck before when it was Sasuke.  But now?  The wreck has burnt down the entire city and has poured industrial waste into the bay, which then is taken by current to contaminate the entire western seaboard.
Just... wow.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Not only that, but the entire thing is geting too predictable. When Naruto hits a seeminlgy unpassable roadblock in his hyper-awesome new training regiment,
his toad tutor says something that causes an ah-ha! moment and Naruto realizes that the solution to his newest training obstacle is the same thing that has
proven to be the solution to EVERY training obstacle that he has ever faced.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
What was his solution? I've only read the synopsis.
Ask for more Ramen.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote: jpub wrote:

What was his solution? I've only read the synopsis.
The toad-sensei made a comment about how his training requires you to be simultaneously still and active, and that doing so without his assistance
is like looking left and right at the same time. This causes Naruto's Ah-ha! moment, and I assume that the next
part will show him using his Shadow Clone technique to overcome the problem. Sadly, I foresaw this outcome weeks
ago because it was way too predictable.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Meh. I've heard that the manga has been going downhill ever since the whole thing where we learn why Itachi killed his entire clan save for Sasuke.
Doesn't mean I won't download all the Scanslations to write a good subversion.

Herr Bad Moon

That was when you heard it STARTED going downhill? Not when when Sasuke appeared in all his overpowered, shirtless androgynous glory Tongue?
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

CattyNebulart

Chunin Exam is when it started going downhill.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

LantisEscudo

Chunin Exams weren't too bad until the "preliminaries." That's really when it shifted from "ninja action" to "bad DBZ
clone" for me.
------------
Honou Productions.

Herr Bad Moon

Yeah, damn you Shonen Jump and your love of tournaments for no reason. During that scence where the Hokage is announcing the format of the 3rd exam, somebody
chimes in with "It's just a simple tournament?" looking slightly disgusted and annoyed. I could relate.
---
Jon

SCM Writer of 2814

Recently... http://www.mangareader.ne.../naruto/chapter-510.html

Six hundred billion explosive tags. Konan must have had the mother of all hand cramps making those… Quite sad Madara seemed to have pulled yet another technique out of his ass. Still, at least it's technically not a new one. Uchiha reality warpers. Given how nuts the family seems to be, it's a wonder they haven't Izanagi'd themselves out of existence. And it looks like Naruto will be able to use Rinnegan. Oh joy. More game breaking. Remember the good old says when Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi where the most messed up techniques a person could have?
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke