Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Since when is the Wall Street Journal a humor site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They're saying that http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122966038836021137.html]the RIAA is going to abandon its highly successful "sue everyone who has ears" customer relations program.  That's crazy talk.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Nice to see, but I suspect it's too late. There's far too much ill-will between them and who they want as their customers for this one change on their
part to make everything okay again.

The RIAA made their own bed (or dug their own grave) with their own actions; now they're trying to avoid lying in it...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
So does this mean that new music is still being made? I thought they stopped producing anything other than movie soundtracks years ago.

(I'm only half-joking- I really do forget that they're still releasing new CDs for years at a time, because I don't know of anything modern worth
listening to)

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Quote:So does this mean that new music is still being made? I thought they stopped producing anything other than movie soundtracks years ago.

(I'm only half-joking- I really do forget that they're still releasing new CDs for years at a time, because I don't know of anything modern worth listening to)
There's plenty of new music being made... in Japan.

On this side of the Pacific, though, I have to agree with you...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
FUCK EM ALL.

the 'Music Industry' has NO RIGHT to revenue stream from the music games. I hope Red Octane and Activision rake these bastards over the coals, and then
they DIE.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
They're already dying, and they know it. That's why they're trying all these last-ditch strategies to keep themselves alive -- not just suing
potential customers, but also stuff like trying to muscle in on concert merchandise sales. They're a monstrous racket which is finding its dupes aren't
interested in playing any more.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
[Image: DownloadingCommunism.jpg]