Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: It's snow joke?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Things that occured to me on the way to the university:

1) Wow, the snow's way heavier than it looked from my window... note to self, never try to judge weather conditions from eight storeys up
2) Jeez, I'd much rather be walking on the snow than the pavement. This is freaking slippery. I know bipedal locomotion is supposed to be 'controlled falling', but this is freakin' ridiculous.
3) I am wearing shoes. I should not be wearing shoes. I have my old Army boots in the closet, and if I could track through the jungle in those things, I could go through snow in them, and why the hell didn't I remember until now. Curse you, military training! You have forsaken me! Ranma Saotome, this is all your fault!
4) Oh, gee, y'know, the streets look pretty good snowed in, actually, it's very white and pretty. Pity it's a deathtrap.
5) Hm...that's interesting, there's no buses on the road. Plenty of cars, but no buses. And the electronic signs on the bus stops are displaying the website address for travel updates instead of bus times. And the phrase 'Countdown', for some cryptic reason. Which is odd because it doesn't look like New Year's to me. Maybe this is nuclear winter.
7) Wait, if the -buses aren't running-, maybe there's no school today
8) Man, that'd be hilarious. I'd feel like a complete ass.
9) ...yup. Bwahahahahahahahaha.
Look, I'm from a tropical country. We don't have snow where I come from.
Which is why I'm typing this now, in a computer lab. I really gotta start checking my e-mail BEFORE heading out, they sent out a 'no classes today due to zomgwtf weather' notice at 8.30 am. 
Admittedly, since I left for school at nine this isn't that huge a margin. =D And I'm not the only mildly disgruntled student in here.
-- Acyl
I did that once. And I grew up with this kind of weather.

Trudged a mile across campus, with drifts over my head after the plows had gone over the roads and still foot-deep snow on the roads themselves, to deliver a
paper for a prof who had said "The only excuse I will accept for lateness of any sort is a death certificate".
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Look at it this way, guys, now you can legitimately tell the "walked three miles to school in a blizzard" story to your or relatives' offspring
when you are older.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
.....wtf?

there was over a foot of snow in my driveway saturday morning, and I was _overjoyed_ to see it, since it was _better traction_ for both driving and walking,
than the ice/water layer cake of death that was there previous..
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Yes, but you (and I) live far enough north that we're used to how snow behaves...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

yumekochan

And meanwhile, here I am in Colorado, with...NO SNOW. Hahahaha... *ducks flying shoes*

--Amanda
"Hey, it's not like dying is on my schedule for this week."
--Yumeko Asagiri, Bubblegum Crisis: The Next Generation, part 3
No snow? In Colorado? How are the ski resorts coping?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Poorly.

Well, let me take that back. In the *mountains* there's snow. Elsewhere in the state it's pretty dry & unseasonably warm.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Once I adjust the focus on the satellite array's lasers, the rest of the state will also be dry and unseasonably ...
"warm." Nothing personal, Colorado; you're just the testbed. As soon as all the bugs are worked out, I'll up the ante by melting Greenland
(not just the icecap; the rock as well).

You know, it's true what they say: that maniacal laughter really is very satisfying.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Quote: DHBirr wrote:

Once I adjust the focus on the satellite array's lasers, the rest of the state will also be dry and unseasonably ...
"warm." Nothing personal, Colorado; you're just the testbed. As soon as all the bugs are worked out, I'll up the ante by melting Greenland
(not just the icecap; the rock as well).

You know, it's true what they say: that maniacal laughter really is very satisfying.
*sigh* Look, if you're going to do that sort of thing, you've got to let the rest of us know. I was using Colorado for winter weather
testing on my army of assault dachshunds. Now, I've got to go get the Brr-Freez-O-Cannon out of storage and cleaned off to do it. Do you know what that
thing does to my utility bills? Thanks a lot!
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Fools! Your conflicting heat and cold projects are causing thermal inversions and temperature refractions! They're fragmenting my Swedish Bikini Ray!
Instead of turning mule deer into Swedish Bikini Models, they're BRAZILIAN!!!

It's an acceptable flaw, granted, but I can't very well call it the SWEDISH Bikini Ray if it produces Brazilians, now can I?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Alright, that's it. This skit has gotten far to silly, and I haven't had a good line yet. I'm ordering this stopped.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Quote: Foxboy wrote:

Fools! Your conflicting heat and cold projects are causing thermal inversions and temperature refractions! They're fragmenting my Swedish Bikini Ray!
Instead of turning mule deer into Swedish Bikini Models, they're BRAZILIAN!!!

It's an acceptable flaw, granted, but I can't very well call it the SWEDISH Bikini Ray if it produces Brazilians, now can I?
Granted. But if I may point out that I had no intention of using the Brr-Freez-O-Cannon. I was planning on using the normal Coloradan climate for
my winter testing. Mostly because it's cheaper to ship two dozen dachshunds to Colorado in January than to operate the damned thing.

As for your Bikini Ray, have you considered remarketing it? I can introduce you to my guy. He's quite clever, and behaves himself once you threaten to
remove a limb. The right marketing campaign can really put a positive spin on something like that.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Quote:Alright, that's it. This skit has gotten far to silly, and I haven't had a good line yet. I'm ordering this stopped.

Errr, sorry, miss, but the people responsible for stopping the skit have been sacked.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Care for some relish to slap on any of those wiener dogs my lasers already cooked? I was sure I'd filed the proper notifications.

As for the Bikini Ray: Great Dralm, it turns mule deer into Brazilian Bikini Models? You could win the Nobel Peace Prize for that!
You're a disgrace to all mad scientists! (But please ... show us! Show us all!)

Quote: the people responsible for stopping the skit have been sacked.
Oh, no! Not the llamas!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Quote: DHBirr wrote:

Care for some relish to slap on any of those wiener dogs my lasers already cooked? I was sure I'd filed the proper
notifications.

As for the Bikini Ray: Great Dralm, it turns mule deer into Brazilian Bikini Models? You could win the Nobel Peace Prize for that!
You're a disgrace to all mad scientists! (But please ... show us! Show us all!)

Indeed. a Proper Mad Scientist should running it the other way round. Turning Bikini models, be they Brazillian or Sweede, into Mule Deer is the proper
application of Mad Science and terrifying enough to force the world governments to pay you to not use it.

Or they'll send one of those dratted super agents after you....
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Now, now, gentlemen, let us not be too judgmental of Dr. Foxboy's experiments. Mad Genii though we may be, we are all only human (at least those of us who
haven't engaged in self-mutation). We are bound to follow more base instincts from time to time. Besides, think of it as a way to a) control the Mule Deer
population and b) have party favors for the next Mad Scientist Symposium and Barbeque.

Besides, I have it on good authority that bikini models make good minions. Just ask Dr. Goldfoot.
Ebony the Black Dragon