Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Anybody Here From Australia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If so, please tell us you are okay.

-------------

Epsilon
Matrix Dragon and Microhue have been discussing matters over in the Legendary forum, in http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/5307]this thread. They were both still fine as of yesterday.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Well, I'm okay but then I live nowhere near the locations that got burnt/are burning, just in between them amongst the urban sprawl Melbourne's
becoming. I have driven through the forests that caught alight and the excess of ground cover, fallen branches & dead trees noticeable from the main road
was of major concern to me. In the past before the government land management got both centralised and the 'green bug' they used to regularly go out
maintaining fire breaks & fuel levels so that a bushfire would be easier to control.

I know of some state forests where the CFA will not go into if a fire occurs because of there being no safe access for them on the ground. Nor a nearby water
source.

Ayep, welcome to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. If a flood, a bushfire, the heat, a shark, or a snake don't get you; a truck, train or car might.

--Rod.H